Author Topic: Valar Morghulis ~~~WARNING: SEASON 7 SPOILER ALERT!!!~~~  (Read 19298 times)

Online Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Coach
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
Re: Valar Morghulis ~~~WARNING: SEASON 7 SPOILER ALERT!!!~~~
« Reply #1600 on: August 22, 2017, 03:17:53 PM »
Hahaha, yeah, me, too. :(

You want a deep nerd cut?  During the recent revival of The Muppet Show, called The Muppets, one of the main storylines was Kermit and Miss Piggy broke up.  The show was clearly leading up to a very Muppety happy reunion for the long time puppet couple...but the show was cancelled.  (Which is really too bad because it was pretty damn funny).

So, unless another Muppet show or movie happens, Kermit and Miss Piggy will forever remain apart.  Sad!

Offline Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #1601 on: August 22, 2017, 03:34:15 PM »
You want a deep nerd cut?  During the recent revival of The Muppet Show, called The Muppets, one of the main storylines was Kermit and Miss Piggy broke up.  The show was clearly leading up to a very Muppety happy reunion for the long time puppet couple...but the show was cancelled.  (Which is really too bad because it was pretty damn funny).

So, unless another Muppet show or movie happens, Kermit and Miss Piggy will forever remain apart.  Sad!

Ok, maybe I'd be sad if Animal's drum kit got stolen or destroyed, and the show was cancelled before he got it back, but given how annoyed I always was by the way Miss Piggy would say, "Kermie," I can't be sad about them breaking up.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Heinlein (thanks, kburjr!)

"... I'm dangerous, I'm unhinged, I'm mentally ill ..."  -F  og

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • PIV is always rape, ok?!
« Reply #1602 on: August 22, 2017, 04:36:20 PM »

Didn't Kermit go off and fuck yet another pig ?  No, really.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #1603 on: August 22, 2017, 09:55:58 PM »
Didn't Kermit go off and fuck yet another pig ?  No, really.

Quit talking about your mother that way  grin1
"Democracy? I want nothing to do with a system which operates on the premise that my rights don't exist simply because I am outnumbered."

-  E. Lee Wrights

“Keep a goverment poor and weak and it's your servant; when it is rich and powerful it becomes your master.”
―H. Beam Piper

“Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance. – H.L. Mencken

Offline wild-turkey

• 101 Proof
  • Icon
« Reply #1604 on: August 22, 2017, 11:18:21 PM »
This season's final is being reported at just over 79 minutes.

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1605 on: August 23, 2017, 09:25:26 AM »
Wow.  That's long.  Another big battle scene ?
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Sexual Chocolate

« Reply #1606 on: August 23, 2017, 05:43:38 PM »
I found a site that has spoilers, very accurate.  I read ahead twice, this last week being one of them.  It was a great episode but I wish I hadn't read what I did

Offline Tom Ace

• Star
  • Icon
  • This is my personal text.
« Reply #1607 on: August 24, 2017, 09:46:09 AM »
Because he claimed no one would listen to his ideas because MF ruined all his conversations and that we needed to get him to stop.  I told him to come clean and own the fact he broke the rules and he couldn't comprehend that he had.  In his mind it was all MF's fault.

No, it was to prove the point that MF only reacts to my comments the way he does because it's me.  If it was someone else saying them, he wouldn't disagree or wouldn't disagree so harshly.  It was to point out how much he lets his bias do his thinking.  Nothing was anybody's fault.  That's just a weird idea to bring up regarding this. 

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #1608 on: August 24, 2017, 11:35:48 AM »
I found a site that has spoilers, very accurate.  I read ahead twice, this last week being one of them.  It was a great episode but I wish I hadn't read what I did

There are a bunch of those kind of sites out there.

Hopefully, no one here will be spoiled on anything for the finale, at least not unless they want to be (I saw there's a thread for spoilers, but given the thread is clearly marked, if anyone clicks on it and is spoiled, that's on them), by someone leaving spoilers here or there, just 'cause their knickers are knotted over me.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Heinlein (thanks, kburjr!)

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1609 on: August 24, 2017, 12:22:23 PM »
There are a bunch of those kind of sites out there.

Hopefully, no one here will be spoiled on anything for the finale, at least not unless they want to be (I saw there's a thread for spoilers, but given the thread is clearly marked, if anyone clicks on it and is spoiled, that's on them), by someone leaving spoilers here or there, just 'cause their knickers are knotted over me.
Sorta like how someone issued a command not to leave spoilers in the spoilers thread?  Panties in a knot, indeed- and I'm not just talking about Tom Ace justifying his whinyness over creating duplicate accounts...
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Online Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Coach
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
« Reply #1610 on: August 24, 2017, 04:43:59 PM »
Didn't Kermit go off and F*** yet another pig ?  No, really.

Yeah, and she was young at hot.

This version of the muppets was really pretty cool because they went a little PG13.  After they introduced the idea that Piggy and Kermit had broken up and Kermit was with another oinker, Kermit looked right at the camera and said "what can I say, I'm attracted to pigs."  Not your grandfathers Kermit

Online Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Coach
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
« Reply #1611 on: August 24, 2017, 04:44:58 PM »
This season's final is being reported at just over 79 minutes.

Dude, I thought 74, give a brother a spoiler alert!

Online Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Coach
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
« Reply #1612 on: August 24, 2017, 04:45:50 PM »
So my friend is all incensed about how the walker army just happened to have 3 miles of giant chain with them.  Any takers?

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #1613 on: August 24, 2017, 04:56:46 PM »
Dude, I thought 74, give a brother a spoiler alert!

Hahaha!!!

So my friend is all incensed about how the walker army just happened to have 3 miles of giant chain with them.  Any takers?

I certainly questioned how the chain got into the water, since Wights are adverse to water.
Then again, they seem to do whatever their WW in charge wants them to, like when they dove off the cliff en masse during the Hardhome episode.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline wild-turkey

• 101 Proof
  • Icon
« Reply #1614 on: August 24, 2017, 11:18:23 PM »
No, it was to prove the point that MF only reacts to my comments the way he does because it's me.  If it was someone else saying them, he wouldn't disagree or wouldn't disagree so harshly.  It was to point out how much he lets his bias do his thinking.  Nothing was anybody's fault.  That's just a weird idea to bring up regarding this. 
See MF forced him to create an alt.  Tom had no other choice he was a victim of his  circumstances.

Offline B_lake

• Blake
  • Coach
  • Ask your girl, she know...
« Reply #1615 on: August 25, 2017, 10:57:53 AM »
Yeah, and she was young at hot.

Manny, do we need to talk?
"Hey little kid" - NFL-Solo to B_lake on 12-20-2016

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #1616 on: August 25, 2017, 02:00:07 PM »
So, does anyone else think, with The Hound heading to King's Landing, a certain bowl may be in our future???

In other words, is it, "get hype" time???
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #1617 on: August 27, 2017, 09:32:19 PM »
Wow.

That was ... well, I knew as happy as I was, what with Littlefinger finally meeting his demise, seeing Rhaegar and Lyanna get married, seeing Arya and Sansa and the lone wolf quote, something crazy had to happen.  I had let go of the idea of the wall somehow coming down 'cause I thought the sea would freeze and they'd walk around the end of Eastwatch, but the wall coming down, or a portion of it, was awesome to see. 

When I saw The Hound and the Mountain in the dragon pit, I thought, although I was one who thought it fun but silly, CleaganeBowl would happen.  The fact it didn't is less interesting to me than what The Hound said to his brother, that he knew what was coming for him and had always known.  hmm1

Anyway, good stuff!!!
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline wild-turkey

• 101 Proof
  • Icon
« Reply #1618 on: August 27, 2017, 09:51:36 PM »
We moved my daughter into her dorm in Chicago this week and I texted her to see if she watched.  She said she did but did by herself in case something bad happened to another dragon so she wouldn't embarrasse herself the first week!

Good decision on her part...LOL.

Offline wild-turkey

• 101 Proof
  • Icon
« Reply #1619 on: August 27, 2017, 09:52:25 PM »
Wow.

That was ... well, I knew as happy as I was, what with Littlefinger finally meeting his demise, seeing Rhaegar and Lyanna get married, seeing Arya and Sansa and the lone wolf quote, something crazy had to happen.  I had let go of the idea of the wall somehow coming down 'cause I thought the sea would freeze and they'd walk around the end of Eastwatch, but the wall coming down, or a portion of it, was awesome to see. 

When I saw The Hound and the Mountain in the dragon pit, I thought, although I was one who thought it fun but silly, CleaganeBowl would happen.  The fact it didn't is less interesting to me than what The Hound said to his brother, that he knew what was coming for him and had always known.  hmm1

Anyway, good stuff!!!
What was the Hound talking about?

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #1620 on: August 27, 2017, 09:53:57 PM »
We moved my daughter into her dorm in Chicago this week and I texted her to see if she watched.  She said she did but did by herself in case something bad happened to another dragon so she wouldn't embarrasse herself the first week!

Good decision on her part...LOL.

Hahaha!!!  You raised a smart one ... or your wife did.
I'm guessing it was mostly your wife.  ;)

What was the Hound talking about?

I have no idea.  I can't think of any sort of anything from the books that give a hint, either.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #1621 on: August 27, 2017, 09:55:07 PM »
I knew I left out one of the things that was making me happy, so I knew some shit was about to hit the fan ...

Jaime left Cersei!!!
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #1622 on: August 28, 2017, 08:00:02 AM »
How long before Season 8?
"Democracy? I want nothing to do with a system which operates on the premise that my rights don't exist simply because I am outnumbered."

-  E. Lee Wrights

“Keep a goverment poor and weak and it's your servant; when it is rich and powerful it becomes your master.”
―H. Beam Piper

“Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance. – H.L. Mencken

Offline Tom Ace

• Star
  • Icon
« Reply #1623 on: August 28, 2017, 09:37:38 AM »
I knew I left out one of the things that was making me happy, so I knew some chit was about to hit the fan ...

Jaime left Cersei!!!

Yes, finally! 

That was a whole lot of shit happening, although it was expected.  It's nice to finally get official confirmation of R+L=J and that he's legit.  It's also nice to know everyone will probably be finding out. 

I'm interested to see where Jaime goes now.  Does he meet up with Bronn, Brienne, Tyrion, the Hound? 

The only problem was the problem with the whole season.  So much stuff in so short a span.  There were several things in just this episode we've been waiting forever for.  Littlefinger's death would have been the highlight of an entire episode in past season.  The wall coming down would have been THE event of a past season.  Jon and Dany getting together would have been the biggest thing about any other season.  And some of the characters getting official confirmation of Jon's heritage is one of the biggest events of the series.  And we get it all in one episode.

I just wonder why they decided to do it this way.  I know there has been talk of financial concerns, but, it being the biggest show on HBO and one of the biggest shows on TV, it feels like they could have chosen how they wanted to do it.  Two seasons seemed appropriate, but it would have been nice to have full seasons.  It wouldn't have felt so rushed and crazy.

Offline Tom Ace

• Star
  • Icon
« Reply #1624 on: August 28, 2017, 09:37:54 AM »
How long before Season 8?

At least a year, probably more.