Author Topic: Prayer Thread  (Read 8463 times)

Online wild-turkey

Prayer Thread
« on: January 14, 2015, 05:15:33 PM »
This is not a debate site but a place of support for community members.  Hope to see those of you who voluntarily seek to talk sports without hostilities, and share in helping one another and honoring our Lord.
Peace
WT

Online wild-turkey

Re: Prayer Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 05:16:50 PM »
Yes I accidently deleted the other one because I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

facepalm

Offline PackJason

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 06:53:46 PM »
Praise Allah! 

Offline UTKipp1

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 07:48:36 PM »
Yes I accidently deleted the other one because I wasn't paying attention to what I was doing.

facepalm

Our Batman,
Who art in Batcave,
Bruce Wayne be thy name.
Thy Wayne Manor come, thy justice be done,
In Arkham as it is in Blackgate.
And give us this day our daily Nightwing,
And beat down the Joker,
As Robin beats down Two Face,
Who trespasses against us.
And lead us not into Crime Alley,
But deliver us from Joe Chill.
Amen.

dal1 atl3 chi4 tennessee1

"In Fog We Trust"

Offline steelerssb

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 09:42:47 PM »
 haha1

Sorry WT but that's funny. How did that happen exactly?
You have been banned from further use of this board. To dispute the ban, please email the CBS help desk.

pit1 pit2 pit3 missouri1 northwestern1

"I don't have thin skin — I have very strong, very thick skin," Trump told CNN's State of the Union in an interview broadcast Sunday.

Online wild-turkey

« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 10:01:28 PM »
haha1

Sorry WT but that's funny. How did that happen exactly?
I was going to delete the thread I started about Spiderman coming to the Marvel movie universe because Kipp showed me that thread had already been made (plus I hadn't ever deleted a thread so wanted to try it) but I wasn't paying attention and hit the wrong X.

Trying to do too many things at once and failed.

Offline wmichskers

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 10:11:38 PM »
Hang in there WT ;)
nebraska1 det1 det2 det3 nebraska1

Online wild-turkey

« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 10:18:37 PM »
Hang in there WT ;)
Hey wmich it's good to see you!  No worries a little lesson in humility never hurt anyone...LOL!

Offline steelerssb

« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 10:19:59 PM »
I was going to delete the thread I started about Spiderman coming to the Marvel movie universe because Kipp showed me that thread had already been made (plus I hadn't ever deleted a thread so wanted to try it) but I wasn't paying attention and hit the wrong X.

Trying to do too many things at once and failed.
That's a damn shame. Funny, but still a shame. At least you made a new one, though.
You have been banned from further use of this board. To dispute the ban, please email the CBS help desk.

"I don't have thin skin — I have very strong, very thick skin," Trump told CNN's State of the Union in an interview broadcast Sunday.

Online wild-turkey

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 11:05:13 PM »
That's a damn shame. Funny, but still a shame. At least you made a new one, though.
It's not a big deal everything needs a fresh start every now and again.  I'm grateful this thread has been here when members of the community needed it.

Rather you pray or not believe in God or don't things happen in life where we need the support of our friends and hopefully this thread is that place for us.

Offline steelerssb

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 11:10:31 PM »
It's not a big deal everything needs a fresh start every now and again.  I'm grateful this thread has been here when members of the community needed it.

Rather you pray or not believe in God or don't things happen in life where we need the support of our friends and hopefully this thread is that place for us.
Agreed.

Online Fog

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2015, 11:41:35 PM »
You could have blamed it on me so those on *** could get a good laugh!!!
Liberals are Lazy
And so when a liberal asks you, 'Why are you a conservative?" simply say, "So that you can be a liberal." Greg Gutfeld

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2015, 08:31:47 AM »
Just peeking my head in; I usually leave these threads alone. 

I don't seem to see any actual prayers though.  Why is no one reporting that their neighbor's son has dick cancer and asking folks to "lift him up" or something ?
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Online wild-turkey

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2015, 08:31:59 AM »
FORTIFY me with the grace of Your Holy Spirit and give Your peace to my soul that I may be free from all needless anxiety, solicitude and worry. Help me to desire always that which is pleasing and acceptable to You so that Your will may be my will.

Online wild-turkey

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2015, 08:34:27 AM »
Prayer for Friendship

You have blessed us, O God,
with the gift of friendship,
the bonding of persons
in a circle of love.
We thank you for such a blessing:
for friends who love us,
who share our sorrows,
who laugh with us in celebration,
who bear our pain,
who need us as we need them,
who weep as we weep,
who hold us when words fail,
and who give us the freedom
to be ourselves.
Bless our friends with health,
wholeness, life, and love.
Amen.

Offline PackJason

« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 08:43:29 AM »
Dear Lordy Lord in Heavenly Heaven,

Please let the Brewers sign another solid starter for the rotation.  With Lucroy playing first base against left-handed starters, the line-up looks pretty solid, but we really need another quality starter ... a good long reliever would be nice too, but I don't want to ask for too much. 

In Jesus' name I pray

Rub-a-dub-dub

Amen

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2015, 10:50:07 AM »
Thanks, WT & Pack.  My faith in the Prayers thread has been somewhat restored.  Not any faith in trolls, fairies or zombie messiahs, but in that someone will create an internet-based forum for praying for strangers to attempt to curry favor from an imagined god.

Just one question: why no Satanic prayers ?  Is that Manny's province ?
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Online wild-turkey

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2015, 03:36:07 PM »
Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2015, 06:11:42 PM »
Jesus said, "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they are doing."
Okay.  But take a step back, and consider: doesn't that sound like Jesus is being an elitist douche ?
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Online wild-turkey

« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2015, 07:23:23 AM »
Ever known an elitist douche that was humble and forgiving?

Offline Mannyrules3

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2015, 08:17:16 AM »

Me?

angel2

Offline bondkbond

« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 11:01:44 AM »
Just peeking my head in; I usually leave these threads alone. 

I don't seem to see any actual prayers though.  Why is no one reporting that their neighbor's son has dick cancer and asking folks to "lift him up" or something ?

Threads like this really do help a person! I can't spell it, lol, but I had the rare type of cancer that Walter Payton died from , and to have support outside your family and friends at home really does help you get through tough times. Good thread WT!
Battle King March 2015

Online wild-turkey

« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 04:40:19 PM »
Threads like this really do help a person! I can't spell it, lol, but I had the rare type of cancer that Walter Payton died from , and to have support outside your family and friends at home really does help you get through tough times. Good thread WT!
Thank You!

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2015, 12:04:21 PM »
Nope.  But we are talking about someone who allegedly made a big deal about absolving me from "Original Sin", which I'm still struggling to figure out how it's fair or anything I could've done anything about...  Wow, "thanks", Jesus.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

geneh_33

« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2015, 04:22:14 PM »
My mother-in-law is very ill and the doctors have done all they can do. She is in her late 80's and is in Colombia. She is not expected to live much longer, please pray for her, us and our family. We await further news with sad hearts.

For those who do not pray, well wishes are much appreciated and welcomed.

Thank you.