Author Topic: Prayer Thread  (Read 11931 times)

Offline wild-turkey

• 101 Proof
  • Icon
Re: Prayer Thread
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2015, 05:04:34 PM »
Prayers going up Geneh and may your family find peace and mercy.

geneh_33

« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2015, 05:08:16 PM »
Prayers going up Geneh and may your family find peace and mercy.

Thank you, WT. It is the not knowing that is getting to us right now.

Offline SithEvolution

• Dark Side
  • Star
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2015, 05:17:13 PM »
Sorry to hear about your mother in law Geneh. Prayers for you, your family and your mother in law
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2015, 10:19:50 PM »
My mother-in-law is very ill and the doctors have done all they can do. She is in her late 80's and is in Colombia. She is not expected to live much longer, please pray for her, us and our family. We await further news with sad hearts.

For those who do not pray, well wishes are much appreciated and welcomed.

Thank you.

Bummer, geneh. I hope you and your families faith is the support you need.  I wish you and your family peace.
"Democracy? I want nothing to do with a system which operates on the premise that my rights don't exist simply because I am outnumbered."

-  E. Lee Wrights

“Keep a goverment poor and weak and it's your servant; when it is rich and powerful it becomes your master.”
―H. Beam Piper

“Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance. – H.L. Mencken

geneh_33

« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2015, 10:50:51 AM »
Thank you, Sith and kburjr. Still waiting. She is a strong woman who has been fighting death for years now.

geneh_33

« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2015, 08:13:51 PM »
Still no change. Still hoping.

Offline NFL-Solomon

• Acting "As if"
  • Republican
  • Hall of Famer
  • With More Brain Than You Can Possibly Imagine
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 10:43:01 AM »
Dear Lord, please improve WT's moderator skills before he deletes us all. Amen.
There, now you have been granted Wisdom.
"The thread is topic is are ..." -steelerssb,"journalist"
"I'm just public housing trash." - dbldwn711 9/19/16 4:03am Confirmed Liar
Permanent Master of Handicappers
"I'm your Huckleberry"
-
"Everything I say is a lie"-dbldwn711

geneh_33

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 11:30:17 AM »
Last rites were administered last night. We have been told she is in a coma so we continue to wait.

Peter Gozintite

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 01:13:29 PM »
Is this where you try and get people to feel sorry for you?

geneh_33

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2015, 03:46:41 PM »
My condolences go out to Tar Heel nation. Dean Smith was a great BB coach and will be missed.

Offline wild-turkey

• 101 Proof
  • Icon
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2015, 10:00:55 PM »
Last rites were administered last night. We have been told she is in a coma so we continue to wait.
May peace find you and all your family.

geneh_33

« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2015, 08:12:37 AM »
May peace find you and all your family.

Thank you. She passed away this morning. She was a dedicated Catholic and we will see her in heaven but it still hurts. Please continue to pray for us and our family.

Online Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Coach
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 08:28:05 AM »
Thank you. She passed away this morning. She was a dedicated Catholic and we will see her in heaven but it still hurts. Please continue to pray for us and our family.

Sorry to hear Geneh.  The last of my grandparents passed away two days ago...my fathers mother.  She was 93 and fading fast so it was a good thing overall.

Funny about grandma.  She was a super Catholic her whole life, but in her final lucid years she started asking me questions about if I thought heaven was real and all of that.  I told her my view and she said she was starting to think I was right.  She said she couldn't imagine where Heaven was and how you got there lol.  Either way, she's at peace now instead of crapping some hospital bed so RIP grandma and RIP to your loved one too Gene.

Offline SithEvolution

• Dark Side
  • Star
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2015, 08:40:54 AM »

Sorry to hear about your loss geneh. May the many years of memories help you through this time.

The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is

Offline SithEvolution

• Dark Side
  • Star
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2015, 08:55:49 AM »
but in her final lucid years she started asking me questions about if I thought heaven was real and all of that. 

You know......my view on Heaven has always been that there isn't one. My view is once you are done........you are done. No different then a dog or a cat, a bird, a hippo or a dinosaur.........we just decay and enrich the earth.
 Why would an afterlife be exclusive to just our species? Did Darwin finally meet the missing link in human evolution when he passed? Will I get to break bread with a Neanderthal upon my passing?
 Because of our mental capacities, we as humans probably just can accept that once you die, you are no more. It's just blank........your final sleep with no dreaming.
 Do I hope that there is an afterlife........oh you bet I do. Just to see my son again. But I personally put it as a very slim chance. I feel it has always been a coping mechanism put in for living that are grieving the loss of a loved one. Then there are 100's of other afterlife beliefs throughout the world that people reject and scoff at but they are just as verifiable as your own.
 Do I have a soul. Is reincarnation real? Are there other planes of existence? 
 We will all soon find out!

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2015, 09:18:05 AM »
Sorry for your losses, Manny, Sith and Geneh.  Celebrate their lives and cherish the memories.
"Democracy? I want nothing to do with a system which operates on the premise that my rights don't exist simply because I am outnumbered."

-  E. Lee Wrights

“Keep a goverment poor and weak and it's your servant; when it is rich and powerful it becomes your master.”
―H. Beam Piper

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance. – H.L. Mencken

geneh_33

« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2015, 10:56:38 AM »
Sorry for your losses, Manny, Sith and Geneh.  Celebrate their lives and cherish the memories.

Yes, sorry for your loss, Manny and Sith. We can celebrate their lives and remember the good times. We can at least do that much.

geneh_33

« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2015, 12:45:20 PM »
Sorry to hear Geneh.  The last of my grandparents passed away two days ago...my fathers mother.  She was 93 and fading fast so it was a good thing overall.

Funny about grandma.  She was a super Catholic her whole life, but in her final lucid years she started asking me questions about if I thought heaven was real and all of that.  I told her my view and she said she was starting to think I was right.  She said she couldn't imagine where Heaven was and how you got there lol.  Either way, she's at peace now instead of crapping some hospital bed so RIP grandma and RIP to your loved one too Gene.

My mother-in-law also asked such questions. Is God really real? Am I really going to heaven? It is something that we do on our deathbeds when we know this life is about to be over, I think. It is okay to ask such questions and largely should be expected. We believe we are going to heaven based on our faith in our Lord. Faith is required because faith means we don't know it is a sure thing like air is a sure thing. Our faith is based on fact but it is faith nevertheless, else everybody would know it as fact and faith would not be required. Faith is hope for things not yet seen.

Anyway, Manny, you gave me some food for thought and so I put it into words or tried to.

She had been suffering for 2 years but she fought death like a trouper. RIP, mom.

Online Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Coach
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2015, 01:45:01 PM »
Will I get to break bread with a Neanderthal upon my passing?

I'm going to have a Brontosaurus Burger with Fred Flintstone when I go to Heaven.  Then he can show me how to use that clever elephant/pelican dishwasher he has.

Offline SithEvolution

• Dark Side
  • Star
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2015, 01:48:55 PM »
I'm going to have a Brontosaurus Burger with Fred Flintstone when I go to Heaven.  Then he can show me how to use that clever elephant/pelican dishwasher he has.
Screw the burger.....go for the ribs. They are as big as a car! Really...I've seen it!

Online Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Coach
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2015, 02:01:03 PM »
Screw the burger.....go for the ribs. They are as big as a car! Really...I've seen it!

I didn't want to get fat, but I guess it's Heaven so everyone automatically stays thin?

geneh_33

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2015, 02:23:09 PM »
I didn't want to get fat, but I guess it's Heaven so everyone automatically stays thin?

I don't think there are any fat angels so I think you're right. ;)

Online Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Coach
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2015, 02:37:45 PM »

I don't think there are any fat angels so I think you're right. ;)

What about Bartolo Colon?

grin1

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2015, 02:59:47 PM »

-  E. Lee Wrights

―H. Beam Piper

geneh_33

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2015, 04:14:49 PM »
What about Bartolo Colon?

grin1

I'm not sure baseball angels count...