Author Topic: 2016 - 2017 NBA Thread  (Read 16493 times)

Offline B_lake

• Blake
  • Coach
  • Ask your girl, she know...
Re: 2016 - 2017 NBA Thread
« Reply #1225 on: April 09, 2018, 12:02:54 PM »
You play who you play. Most teams wouldn’t go 14 in a row no matter whose on the docket. Yeah, there were only a couple of decent opponents like the Cavs, Nuggets, Bucks, etc, but as you said, they’re doing is sans Embiid.

To beat Cleveland in order to control the 3 seed without Joel Embiid was huge.

And Simmons is looking scarier every day. His vision is uncanny. That guy is so damn slick with his ball movement and dishing. I heard he’s not allowed in the strip club anymore, because all he does is rain dimes.

LOL

Just warning you, don't get too high on them...Playoff basketball is a different beast...They have found success in the regular season/during this run, but they're going to be up against it in the playoffs and it will be against a team that has been there before, so their advancing to the second round would be a nice accomplishment for them...They're more talented than other squads but you win in the playoffs with older guys in the NBA..
"Hey little kid" - NFL-Solo to B_lake on 12-20-2016

Offline B_lake

• Blake
  • Coach
« Reply #1226 on: April 09, 2018, 12:08:07 PM »
B, if you’re LeBron, where do you go? Stay home? Go out West? Or if it’s truly about rings, is Philly the place?
You’d still be in the East. He has a great rapport with their stars. He even shares an agent with Simmons. They’re buddies. Think he could mentor him? Teach him a better mid range jumper? Would he be okay with Ben running the point and instead focusing on scoring?

That could be a scary team. You’d have to move them up with Houston and GS

If he wants rings, Philly is the place...I don't think he's taking a backseat to anyone just yet, so I'm not sure how that would work out, but talent wise that team would be unrivaled when you think of the pieces that Philly can still add via the draft...

Simmons will develop that jumper, it'll probably take him being exposed in a playoff series because of it for him to want it that badly, but he can get by without having a good jump shot, so I wouldn't be too worried about that aspect of his game...He needs to improve from the free throw line, that matters more to his game than a mid range jumper...

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Professional Lawn Darts
  • Hall of Famer
  • Sharpens you up for a bit of the old ultraviolence
« Reply #1227 on: April 09, 2018, 12:11:10 PM »
Simmons is developing it a little bit. He’s been pulling of fades. All of his shots seem so dramatic, like those floaters, but they go in so whatever.

I think if James is matured enough to want to be that final building block, that’s a serious place to consider. They could win. Might without him, for that matter.
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1228 on: April 15, 2018, 10:14:12 AM »

Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1229 on: April 15, 2018, 10:14:48 AM »

Just like Franklin said -

Join or Die
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1230 on: April 15, 2018, 10:16:48 AM »
Love that they’re incorporating the snake. Dipping back into colonial shit.

The Union incorporates the Gadsden “Don’t Tread on Me” flag, but that’s soccer, a sport so very un-American
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 10:18:21 AM by Red Hessian »
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1231 on: April 15, 2018, 10:30:34 AM »

The Heat just got trounced by 27 against 4 1/2 white guys. Whiteside was about as effective as Embiid, and Jojo was only playing cheerleader last night.

Team world was starting last night -

US
Australia
Turkey
Italy
Croatia
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1232 on: April 21, 2018, 06:12:37 PM »

Embiid the blocking machine today. His defense is insane.

LMAO at 1:00. All ball.
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1233 on: April 23, 2018, 11:08:37 AM »

Youngest triple double in playoff history. First rookie since Magic Johnson to do it nearly 40 years ago.

Every once in awhile we get a player who transcends the league and makes even casuals and non fans take a gander at what a new dude is doing. This is it, folks. If you liked 80s Showtime, grab your hair pick, find those old shorts that your balls will occasionally sneak below, and get your ringed tube socks and pull them past your calves.
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1234 on: April 23, 2018, 11:45:57 AM »

I disagree with a lot of these, because he is a passer and creator more than a scorer. Regardless, it’s damn impressive. Who needs an 18 footer if you can’t be stopped in transit to the rim?

He’s a 21 year old 6’10” ROOKIE POINT GUARD, and his vision is unmatched in this league already. Look out, folks. The 76ers and Celtics are gonna rekindle a long lost rivalry for years to come 

And it’s gonna be tits.
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1235 on: April 24, 2018, 04:24:30 PM »
76ers v. Heat tonight. Could be Wade’s last game. Philly trying to close it out at home.

It’s gonna be loud and nasty.

Do yourself a favor and watch this if you even have a modicum of interest in good hoops and a budding bloody rivalry. No sarcasm. Blood has been all over that court this series.
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1236 on: April 24, 2018, 11:44:38 PM »
NEXT!
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1237 on: May 14, 2018, 12:35:37 PM »
Wow, Boston is on FIRE! They're having a hell of a year, and I hate to think what they become next season with all of those picks
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1238 on: May 28, 2018, 11:31:51 AM »
8 years straight for LeBron

But the Cavs are gonna get railroaded by the West regardless
Light fuse, get away

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #1239 on: November 12, 2018, 07:49:30 PM »
Where's B_Lake?  The bucks are finally relevant.  As of right now they have the highest point differential in the league.  2nd in pts/game
The less politicians control, the less it matters who controls the politicians.

“Getting old is giving up one damn thing after another.” - Irvin Yalom

“Keep a goverment poor and weak and it's your servant; when it is rich and powerful it becomes your master.”
―H. Beam Piper

“Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Offline B_lake

• Blake
  • Coach
« Reply #1240 on: December 20, 2018, 01:21:08 PM »
Getting Budenholzer was a coup for the Bucks.  He has accelerated their climb to one of the top teams in the east by at least a year.  Malcolm Brogdon is having a career year and he put Middleton and Giannis in a much better position to succeed offensively in today's NBA.  Their shooting has cooled off a bit from that crazy start, but they're playing a winning form of basketball as long as a reasonable percentage of their long balls drop, and they have the shooters around Giannis to achieve that.

They're growing into a legit contender for the Finals this season, but the road will be tougher in the East than people expected since the Sixers and Celtics haven't really found their stride but are expected to be much better in the playoffs than they are now and the Raptors are really an elite team regardless of conference.

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #1241 on: December 20, 2018, 01:26:04 PM »
Yep.  I see the Sixers being real tough by April.  I feel better about the Buck handling Toronto than the Sixers.  And the damn Pacers just won't go away.

“Keep a goverment poor and weak and it's your servant; when it is rich and powerful it becomes your master.”
―H. Beam Piper

Offline B_lake

• Blake
  • Coach
« Reply #1242 on: December 20, 2018, 01:58:15 PM »
Yep.  I see the Sixers being real tough by April.  I feel better about the Buck handling Toronto than the Sixers.  And the damn Pacers just won't go away.

Toronto has a deeper roster than the Sixers,  but you're only going 8 deep in the playoffs so that advantage is kind of negated.  I trust the Sixers stars more than Kawhi and whichever Lowry (he could be really bad or really awesome) shows up for the playoffs, but I just don't trust Brent Brown to get the most out of his stars scheme wise.

The Bucks have the coaching advantage over both teams and aren't too far back talent wise, so they have a much better shot this year than the previous couple of seasons under Kidd and a growing Giannis.

That Pacers team is good.  They stayed afloat without Oladipo because they secured the right kind of depth this offseason. Oladipo was one bad mofo last season in the playoffs but he won't have to go it alone with Evans and Bogdanovic handling the rock more to rest Oladipo.

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1243 on: December 20, 2018, 05:59:21 PM »
76ers aren’t deep, but the top end talent is for real. If Shamet keeps playing well, he might have been a steal. A new JJ. Plus they haven’t even gotten Zhaire Smith yet, and he could be ready by the new year. Maybe. Who knows?

If Smith does play this season, he playing alongside Butler, Embiid, and Simmons have the makings of a fine defensive front.

But then again, this is the NBA, so what’s defense?
Light fuse, get away

Offline geneh_33

• Star
  • ACC is better than (your conference here).
« Reply #1244 on: December 26, 2018, 08:32:40 PM »
Getting Budenholzer was a coup for the Bucks.  He has accelerated their climb to one of the top teams in the east by at least a year.  Malcolm Brogdon is having a career year and he put Middleton and Giannis in a much better position to succeed offensively in today's NBA.  Their shooting has cooled off a bit from that crazy start, but they're playing a winning form of basketball as long as a reasonable percentage of their long balls drop, and they have the shooters around Giannis to achieve that.

They're growing into a legit contender for the Finals this season, but the road will be tougher in the East than people expected since the Sixers and Celtics haven't really found their stride but are expected to be much better in the playoffs than they are now and the Raptors are really an elite team regardless of conference.

Budenholzer is awesome and I'm glad the Bucks are doing well.

I hope you are doing well, too,  B_lake.
Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1245 on: February 06, 2019, 06:45:31 AM »
Tobias Harris is a 76er now?

Simmons - Redick - Butler - Harris - Embiid

Best starting 5 outside of Oakland? Sure looks that way on paper. Guess we’ll see.
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1246 on: February 11, 2019, 11:15:05 AM »
B. I need you baby. Come talk hoops with me. I’m losin my mind right now.

I’ve been waiting patiently for good hoops outside of Nova for so long. It’s here. It’s finally coming together. We through the Process was over, and then they just got better.

Who’d a thought that Elton Brand would finally make the 76ers a serious threat? Took him a change of career to do it, but hey, better late than never.
Light fuse, get away

Offline kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #1247 on: February 11, 2019, 04:44:30 PM »
B. I need you baby. Come talk hoops with me. I’m losin my mind right now.

I’ve been waiting patiently for good hoops outside of Nova for so long. It’s here. It’s finally coming together. We through the Process was over, and then they just got better.

Who’d a thought that Elton Brand would finally make the 76ers a serious threat? Took him a change of career to do it, but hey, better late than never.

Coming through Milwaukee.  I like the Bucks chances.  5 teams with the chops to take the East.  76ers, Bucks, Raptors, Celtics or Pacers(don't sleep on those bastards)

―H. Beam Piper

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1248 on: February 12, 2019, 08:48:09 AM »
Coming through Milwaukee.  I like the Bucks chances.  5 teams with the chops to take the East.  76ers, Bucks, Raptors, Celtics or Pacers(don't sleep on those bastards)
theyre playing hard, but I’m sleeping on the Pacers down the road.

And yeah, the East is nasty up top. Not only can anyone make an argument for all of the teams, but Vegas changed the odds after the trade deadline so that the Bucks, Raps, Celts, and 76ers ALL got 9-4 odds to win the Conference
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #1249 on: February 12, 2019, 08:49:44 AM »
I really like Giannis. The man is amazing. They lack star power in a league which depends on it (as well as 3 point shooting), but they play as a cohesive unit
Light fuse, get away