Author Topic: She Had No Clue There Was a Coyote In Her Car's Grille  (Read 146 times)

Offline PackJason

• Tallywacker
  • Coach
  • I work at Fox News
She Had No Clue There Was a Coyote In Her Car's Grille
« on: September 13, 2017, 09:31:05 AM »
http://www.newser.com/story/248568/woman-picks-up-surprise-passenger-on-her-commute.html

Wile E. Coyote may be accustomed to vehicular chaos, but it was one of his cousins in the Great White North that took a wild ride last week. Canada's Georgie Knox says she was on her way to her job in Calgary early one morning when a coyote ran out in front of her car, KXTV reports. "I heard a crunch," she writes in a Sept. 9 Facebook post, and because she thought the coyote hadn't survived, she continued on her way. It was only when she got closer to work, while stopped at a traffic light, that a construction worker flagged her down and "notified me that there was in fact a coyote still embedded in my car," Knox writes. Sure enough, the coyote she'd hit back in Airdrie was caught in the grille, just "looking up and blinking at me."

Knox got Alberta's fish and wildlife agency to free the coyote, which suffered only "minimal injuries," per Knox. It was given the thumbs-up and released back into the wild. The Daily Hive notes it's about 20 miles between Airdrie and Calgary, which is what really has Knox stunned at the critter's survival at "highway speeds." "Clearly Mother Nature has other plans for this special little guy," Knox says in her post. Some commenters point out the coyote shouldn't have had to endure the ride in the first place. "A decent human being would park on the side of the road and check if he actually killed the coyote," one noted on Knox's post. "If dead, [she] should have buried him/her or at the very least moved him/her off the road."

Offline PackJason

• Tallywacker
  • Coach
  • I work at Fox News
Re: She Had No Clue There Was a Coyote In Her Car's Grille
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2017, 09:32:42 AM »
LOL

20 goddamn miles. 

Offline Handi

• Icon
  • Eugene trolled a dead girl's memorial FB page
  • Pickems Record: first place
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2017, 09:44:58 AM »
lol, that looks uncomfortable.  Not as uncomfortable as Geneh at a junior high gymnastic completion...but still uncomfortable.

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Professional Lawn Darts
  • Hall of Famer
  • Sharpens you up for a bit of the old ultraviolence
  • Pickems Record: eleventy
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 10:00:42 AM »
He last few lines of the article get me

Buried it? Think some lady is carrying around a shovel? Unless you're a laborer or undertaker, who carries a shovel?

Gone out and seen if it was dead? Really? And what if it was alright? The coyote coulda ran, but what if it felt threatened enough to attack? Would you be calling her an idiot for getting out? It just so happens this coyote was alright, too. He was just trapped.

She looked up, she didn't see it. Probably thought it bounced off and went to die in the woods.
Light fuse, get away

Offline PackJason

• Tallywacker
  • Coach
  • I work at Fox News
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 10:04:30 AM »

Buried it? Think some lady is carrying around a shovel? Unless you're a laborer or undertaker, who carries a shovel?

Gone out and seen if it was dead? Really? And what if it was alright? The coyote coulda ran, but what if it felt threatened enough to attack? Would you be calling her an idiot for getting out? It just so happens this coyote was alright, too. He was just trapped.

She looked up, she didn't see it. Probably thought it bounced off and went to die in the woods.

I agree 100%.

But the whole "20 miles at highway speed" made me laugh me ass off.

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 10:08:10 AM »
Fucking judgemental internet armchair quarterbacks man.

He said ironically
Light fuse, get away

Offline Scuzz

• King of Off-Topic...Master of His Own Domain
  • Scuzz
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 10:19:50 AM »
One trip to the coast I was driving the truck while pulling the trailer. The route takes you thru a 4 lane country highway and I went thru a bunch of doves. I thought I had missed them at. When we got to our campground I had a dove embedded in my grill. It was dead though. Pain in the ass getting all of him out too.
Being right is the least of my concerns.

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2017, 10:52:12 AM »
When I worked at a shop, a tech hit a squirrel and somehow it was thrown up into the engine compartment. He may have taken the car out on a test run before putting the cowling back up. Beats me.

But either way, the squirrel was dead but perfectly preserved. So he wire-tied it to the front of his old beat up Audi grille like it was Jesus on the cross, and hot glued a mostly smoked cigarette in its mouth.

It was disturbing, but I couldn't help smile a little at how proud he was driving around with that thing. He had to rescue it a few times. Then it finally flew off and was hit by a truck. That was the end of that. You're an idiot if you stayed with me this long. True story, though.
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2017, 10:55:03 AM »
It was over a span of a few weeks
Light fuse, get away

Offline geneh_33

• Star
  • ACC is better than (your conference here).
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2017, 11:44:26 AM »
I once cranked up my car and heard an awful grinding noise. There was a cat sleeping on my engine. Poor thing lost 3 legs and died.
Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2017, 11:47:30 AM »
I once woke up with a pig in my bed.  Swore off MD 2020 after that.
"Democracy? I want nothing to do with a system which operates on the premise that my rights don't exist simply because I am outnumbered."

-  E. Lee Wrights

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.      -     Plato

“Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Offline geneh_33

• Star
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2017, 12:11:51 PM »
I once woke up with a pig in my bed.  Swore off MD 2020 after that.

wel2
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

Offline Handi

• Icon
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 12:16:57 PM »
I once cranked up my car and heard an awful grinding noise. There was a cat sleeping on my engine. Poor thing lost 3 legs and died.

Liar

Offline Handi

• Icon
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2017, 12:17:23 PM »
When I worked at a shop, a tech hit a squirrel and somehow it was thrown up into the engine compartment. He may have taken the car out on a test run before putting the cowling back up. Beats me.

But either way, the squirrel was dead but perfectly preserved. So he wire-tied it to the front of his old beat up Audi grille like it was Jesus on the cross, and hot glued a mostly smoked cigarette in its mouth.

It was disturbing, but I couldn't help smile a little at how proud he was driving around with that thing. He had to rescue it a few times. Then it finally flew off and was hit by a truck. That was the end of that. You're an idiot if you stayed with me this long. True story, though.

Lol, that's funny right there

Offline geneh_33

• Star
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2017, 12:17:30 PM »
Pants on fire

Offline PackJason

• Tallywacker
  • Coach
  • I work at Fox News
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2017, 12:23:38 PM »

This used to happen sometimes to the stray cats on my grandfather's farm in the winter.  The cat would crawl up under the hood to lay on the warm engine block.  My grandpa would go out to start the truck and the poor cat would get caught in the serpentine belt or radiator fan.  Quick death, at least.

Offline Handi

• Icon
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2017, 12:25:52 PM »
Wish u were on fire cause you a liar. You're a crier and a liar.

Offline Scuzz

• King of Off-Topic...Master of His Own Domain
  • Scuzz
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2017, 01:14:11 PM »

My white trash brother-in-law would do that in a heart beat.
Being right is the least of my concerns.

Sexual Chocolate

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2017, 01:21:11 PM »
Is this the new black uber Sol hates?

Offline Handi

• Icon
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2017, 01:23:31 PM »
Yes

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Hall of Famer
  • PIV is always rape, ok?!
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2017, 02:55:01 PM »

Meh, I saw that too.  It's trying to say the comment on her post was somehow newsworthy.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Gazizza, dilznoofuses, Bill McNeal saying get with the crizappy taste of Rocket Fuel® Malt Liquor.  Rocket Fuel’s got the upstate prison flavor that keeps you ugly all night long! So when you wanna get sick, remember–nothin’ makes yo’ feet stank like Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor! DAAMN, It’s crizappy!!

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2017, 02:56:01 PM »
Why the lock?

Nevermind.
"Democracy? I want nothing to do with a system which operates on the premise that my rights don't exist simply because I am outnumbered."

-  E. Lee Wrights

Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws.      -     Plato

Offline PackJason

• Tallywacker
  • Coach
  • I work at Fox News
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2017, 02:57:49 PM »
Why the lock?

Nevermind.

I didn't do it.

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2017, 03:02:26 PM »
I didn't do it.

I know what happen.  An admin was looking at it and hit the lock button by mistake when trying to click "After Further Review" just above it.  Immediately corrected.

-  E. Lee Wrights

Offline dbldwn711

• Coach
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2017, 05:30:38 PM »
I know what happen.  An admin was looking at it and hit the lock button by mistake when trying to click "After Further Review" just above it.  Immediately corrected.

I suppose everyone is gonna demand an apology now!!