Author Topic: The Lord is my flu shot, I shall not sneeze....  (Read 427 times)

Offline Mr. Shickadance

• Democrat
  • Hall of Famer
The Lord is my flu shot, I shall not sneeze....
« on: February 07, 2018, 12:11:22 PM »
Trump adviser says ignore flu shots and 'inoculate yourself with the word of God'

A Texas-based evangelist with ties to President Donald Trump came under fire this week after video re-surfaced of her telling followers that they don't need to get a flu shot because "Jesus himself gave us the flu shot."

Gloria Copeland, a member of the president's faith advisory council, posted the video last Wednesday, but it began to gain traction this week after a number watch groups re-posted it on social-media channels.

"Listen, partners, we don't have a flu season," Copeland, 75, said in a Facebook video posted Jan. 31. "We've got a duck season, a deer season, but we don't have a flu season."

"And don't receive it when somebody threatens you with, 'Everybody is getting the flu,'" she added. "We've already had our shot. He bore our sicknesses and carried our diseases. That's what we stand on."

A devastating flu outbreak has killed dozens since October. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said at least 14,676 people have been hospitalized with influenza since the flu season began in October, double the number from all of last year and the highest ever recorded. The agency urges those who haven't been vaccinated to get a flu shot.

At least 53 children have died from the flu this season, including 16 just last week, according to the CDC.

Copeland, a co-founder the Fort Worth, Texas-based Kenneth Copeland Ministries, went on to pray for those who were already displaying flu-like symptoms, telling them to protect themselves by declaring "I'll never have the flu."

"That's great -- that's the way it's supposed to be," she continued. "Just keep saying that 'I'll never have the flu. I'll never have the flu.' Inoculate yourself with the word of God. Flu, I bind you off the people in the name of Jesus. Jesus himself gave us the flu shot. He redeemed us from the curse of flu."

The video received more than 8,000 reactions and nearly 4,000 shares on Facebook as of Wednesday morning. Although some Facebook users agreed with the minister, others accused her of being "reckless and irresponsible."

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-adviser-says-ignore-flu-shots-inoculate-yourself-104503909--abc-news-topstories.html
Religion: "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Offline BuccinGator

• Icon
  • Average Joe With an Opinion
Re: The Lord is my flu shot, I shall not sneeze....
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 12:13:45 PM »
Did Jesus inoculate us from AIDS as well? Just checking because if so I want to go out and have unprotected sex with as many women as I can. Preferably at the same time.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 12:15:16 PM by BuccinGator »
~Imagine Whirled Peas~

When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 12:23:01 PM »
I ain't gonna ask Jesus for protection.  I need someone to blame it on if I get the flu.
"Democracy? I want nothing to do with a system which operates on the premise that my rights don't exist simply because I am outnumbered."

-  E. Lee Wrights

“Keep a goverment poor and weak and it's your servant; when it is rich and powerful it becomes your master.”
―H. Beam Piper

“Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance. – H.L. Mencken

Offline BuccinGator

• Icon
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 12:28:08 PM »
I ain't gonna ask Jesus for protection.  I need someone to blame it on if I get the flu.

That's what the debil is for, duh!
~Imagine Whirled Peas~

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • PIV is always rape, ok?!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 12:28:34 PM »
Kind of a stretch to call her an "adviser" of Trump.  She is the whacko wife of Kenneth Copeland, and both are televangelisers.  The advisory council she sits in is a bunch of religious whackos that submit studies and recommendations upward.  It includes such notables as Michele Bachmann and Jerry Falwell too.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline BuccinGator

• Icon
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 12:28:58 PM »
Honestly I couldn't tell you the last time I've had a full blown flu, knock on wood.
~Imagine Whirled Peas~

Offline BuccinGator

• Icon
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 12:30:14 PM »
Kind of a stretch to call her an "adviser" of Trump.  She is the whacko wife of Kenneth Copeland, and both are televangelisers.  The advisory council she sits in is a bunch of religious whackos that submit studies and recommendations upward.  It includes such notables as Michele Bachmann and Jerry Falwell too.

You know, if Jeebus was that good at protecting against the flu, you'd think he could stop the spread of the ghey, too.
~Imagine Whirled Peas~

Offline Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 12:54:12 PM »
Trump adviser says ignore flu shots and 'inoculate yourself with the word of God'

A Texas-based evangelist with ties to President Donald Trump came under fire this week after video re-surfaced of her telling followers that they don't need to get a flu shot because "Jesus himself gave us the flu shot."

Gloria Copeland, a member of the president's faith advisory council, posted the video last Wednesday, but it began to gain traction this week after a number watch groups re-posted it on social-media channels.

"Listen, partners, we don't have a flu season," Copeland, 75, said in a Facebook video posted Jan. 31. "We've got a duck season, a deer season, but we don't have a flu season."

"And don't receive it when somebody threatens you with, 'Everybody is getting the flu,'" she added. "We've already had our shot. He bore our sicknesses and carried our diseases. That's what we stand on."

A devastating flu outbreak has killed dozens since October. The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said at least 14,676 people have been hospitalized with influenza since the flu season began in October, double the number from all of last year and the highest ever recorded. The agency urges those who haven't been vaccinated to get a flu shot.

At least 53 children have died from the flu this season, including 16 just last week, according to the CDC.

Copeland, a co-founder the Fort Worth, Texas-based Kenneth Copeland Ministries, went on to pray for those who were already displaying flu-like symptoms, telling them to protect themselves by declaring "I'll never have the flu."

"That's great -- that's the way it's supposed to be," she continued. "Just keep saying that 'I'll never have the flu. I'll never have the flu.' Inoculate yourself with the word of God. Flu, I bind you off the people in the name of Jesus. Jesus himself gave us the flu shot. He redeemed us from the curse of flu."

The video received more than 8,000 reactions and nearly 4,000 shares on Facebook as of Wednesday morning. Although some Facebook users agreed with the minister, others accused her of being "reckless and irresponsible."

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/trump-adviser-says-ignore-flu-shots-inoculate-yourself-104503909--abc-news-topstories.html

Shicka - You really should be more careful about posting an article that refers to someone who is on Trump's Faith Advisory Council an "Advisor."  wagfing
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Heinlein (thanks, kburjr!)

"... I'm dangerous, I'm unhinged, I'm mentally ill ..."  -F  og

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Professional Lawn Darts
  • Hall of Famer
  • Sharpens you up for a bit of the old ultraviolence
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 01:05:14 PM »

Isnt this what got the Church in trouble
Light fuse, get away

Offline Mr. Shickadance

• Democrat
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 01:47:08 PM »
Shicka - You really should be more careful about posting an article that refers to someone who is on Trump's Faith Advisory Council an "Advisor."  wagfing

An advisor on an Advisory Council? Whodathunkit.
Religion: "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 01:51:53 PM »
facepalm
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 01:52:40 PM »
You know, if Jeebus was that good at protecting against the flu, you'd think he could stop the spread of the ghey, too.
He put ghey and the AIDS there to test us.  Because he loves us.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Heinlein (thanks, kburjr!)

Offline Mr. Shickadance

• Democrat
  • Hall of Famer

Offline BuccinGator

• Icon
~Imagine Whirled Peas~

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 02:44:05 PM »
Oh my godddddd. Nails on a chalkboard
Light fuse, get away

Offline BuccinGator

• Icon
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 02:47:38 PM »

Nine inch nails?

Gawd money, baby.
~Imagine Whirled Peas~

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 03:41:00 PM »

"Democracy? I want nothing to do with a system which operates on the premise that my rights don't exist simply because I am outnumbered."

-  E. Lee Wrights

“Keep a goverment poor and weak and it's your servant; when it is rich and powerful it becomes your master.”
―H. Beam Piper

“Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance. – H.L. Mencken

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 03:42:41 PM »

I hope your toe finds the living room table tonight
Light fuse, get away

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 03:49:42 PM »
I hope your toe finds the living room table tonight

memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 04:13:39 PM »

And may you receive a moderately bad haircut
Light fuse, get away

Offline BuccinGator

• Icon
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 05:15:10 PM »

You can do better than that. I would have said paper cut.
~Imagine Whirled Peas~

Offline Mr. Shickadance

• Democrat
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 05:17:53 PM »

On the finger you pick your nose with.

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 05:25:05 PM »

facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm facepalm
cali1

On the finger you pick your nose with.

Y'all are so mean to me.  cryin
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Coach
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 05:59:21 PM »
Did Jesus inoculate us from AIDS as well?

No quite the opposite.  As Famous noted, AIDS is a direct punishment from The Glorious One, for the crime of our practice and acceptance of gay, bisexual, wee wee manipulation of any kind outside of overlord-approved wedlock.

That's why the Catholic Church tells undereducated Africans that condoms not only don't prevent, but actually contribute to, the spread of AIDS.

That's also why, unless she can show proof of her claim, this woman should be held criminally responsible for every child who dies of the flu this year because their daft religious parents listened to her life threatening lie.