Author Topic: Another One Bites the Dust  (Read 590 times)

Offline Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
Another One Bites the Dust
« on: February 07, 2018, 02:50:34 PM »
Senior White House Aide Rob Porter resigns after accusations of spousal abuse become public.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

I really need to stop saying, "how stupid can you be?"  Some people are starting to take it as a personal challenge.

"I'd let a dude blow me once for free high speed Internet for the rest of my life." -UTKipp

Offline BuccinGator

Re: Another One Bites the Dust
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2018, 03:01:30 PM »
Senior White House Aide Rob Porter resigns after accusations of spousal abuse become public.

"Bet she tripped down the stairs" - RMM
~Imagine Whirled Peas~

When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2018, 03:03:21 PM »
"Bet she tripped down the stairs" - RMM

Fixed.  grin1

(Both of his ex-wives ... or at least two of them, maybe he's been married more than twice, I don't know ... have accused him.)
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

I really need to stop saying, "how stupid can you be?"  Some people are starting to take it as a personal challenge.

"I'd let a dude blow me once for free high speed Internet for the rest of my life." -UTKipp

Offline Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2018, 03:14:44 PM »
Kind of a stretch to call him an "aide" of Trump.
Religion: "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2018, 03:19:38 PM »

LOL!!!
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2018, 04:10:20 PM »
I know you're being glib, but you understand "member of advisory council" doesn't make someone an adviser ?  The difference is, Rob Porter is (was) around Trump each and every day.  Jerry Falwell and Gloria Copeland are lucky if they see Trump once a year. 

It's like saying Alex Jones is equivalent to Stephen Miller or Dean Scavino.

Another example is Trump's AIDS advisory council, which was recently disbanded.  They were leaderless, had a failing mission, and Trump never met with them.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2018, 04:38:18 PM »
You do realize that I don't give two flying fucks, right?

An article about some dumbass telling people not to get flu shots because Jeebus will protect them and you focus on the semantics of the dumbass' title.
Religion: "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Professional Lawn Darts
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Sharpens you up for a bit of the old ultraviolence
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2018, 04:45:50 PM »

Jesus. How many do you have in stock?
Light fuse, get away

Offline Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2018, 04:53:41 PM »

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2018, 05:02:52 PM »

An article about some dumbass telling people not to get flu shots because Jeebus will protect them and you focus on the semantics of the dumbass' title.
Who cares ?  They're all idiot religious nuts who don't really associate with secular kids.  Let 'em croak.  The whole flu thing is overblown anyway.

Someone wanted to turn this into a Trump thing, as if there isn't enough hysteria around that sphere already...
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2018, 05:17:06 PM »
Who cares ?  They're all idiot religious nuts who don't really associate with secular kids.  Let 'em croak.  The whole flu thing is overblown anyway.

Someone wanted to turn this into a Trump thing, as if there isn't enough hysteria around that sphere already...

Yes, dozens and dozens of people dying, most of them children, is being overblown.

Someone? That,would be you since you're the only one that felt the need to single out that one minor factoid out of an entire article.

Offline Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2018, 07:14:28 PM »

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2018, 07:16:43 PM »

Yes, dozens and dozens of people dying, most of them children, is being overblown.
Yes, overblown.  So there's a lag between when new cases are reported, and when the CDC confirms, but the number dead is in the low dozens:

http://abc7chicago.com/health/cdc-16-children-died-from-flu-this-week-53-so-far-this-season/3023310/

Putting that into perspective, recent years have seen mortality rates in the United States between 12,000 and 56,000, mostly killing off the immuno-compromised and elderly.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/2015-16.htm

Meanwhile, heart disease kills off ~400,000 people in the U.S. annually and cancer (all types) kills off ~600,000 people annually.  The media has been looking to get excited about a global cancer pandemic for years, and it just hasn't materialized.  So yes, no one should really give a shit about some fundamentalist whacko who thinks zombie Jew saviors cure illness anyway, since it's not really that big of a deal, after putting it in perspective.
Someone? That,would be you since you're the only one that felt the need to single out that one minor factoid out of an entire article.
Not my thread.  I didn't introduce the article.  Nor do I introduce a string of stupid articles about each and every Trump lackey leaving the administration because it makes me moist like that.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2018, 07:26:56 PM »
Yes, overblown.  So there's a lag between when new cases are reported, and when the CDC confirms, but the number dead is in the low dozens:

http://abc7chicago.com/health/cdc-16-children-died-from-flu-this-week-53-so-far-this-season/3023310/

Putting that into perspective, recent years have seen mortality rates in the United States between 12,000 and 56,000, mostly killing off the immuno-compromised and elderly.

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/disease/2015-16.htm

Meanwhile, heart disease kills off ~400,000 people in the U.S. annually and cancer (all types) kills off ~600,000 people annually.  The media has been looking to get excited about a global cancer pandemic for years, and it just hasn't materialized.  So yes, no one should really give a shit about some fundamentalist whacko who thinks zombie Jew saviors cure illness anyway, since it's not really that big of a deal, after putting it in perspectiv

Tell that to the parents of the 50+ dead children you don't care about.

Comparing it to heart disease? Apples and oranges.

We should care about what this fundamentalist whacko says because people listen to her, people with children. She's no better, and just as bad, as Jenny McMcarthy and the rest of those anti-vaxxer retards.

Not my thread.  I didn't introduce the article.  Nor do I introduce a string of stupid articles about each and every Trump lackey leaving the administration because it makes me moist like that.

Irrelevant deflection.

Offline BuccinGator

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2018, 07:33:13 PM »
~Imagine Whirled Peas~

When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2018, 07:35:42 PM »
Tell that to the parents of the 50+ dead children you don't care about.
Ooooh, boo-hoo.  How come you're not giving 10% of your income to starving African kids, ya selfish bastard ?

Comparing it to heart disease? Apples and oranges.
Death by disease = death by disease.  Nitpicking over what the disease is a useless activity, when both are treatable / preventable.

We should care about what this fundamentalist whacko says because people listen to her, people with children. She's no better, and just as bad, as Jenny McMcarthy and the rest of those anti-vaxxer retards.
Not if you vow to be a better a better parent and not inflict religion and/or anti-vaxxer propaganda upon your kid.  Trust me, by and large, their kids aren't going to your kids' schools.

Irrelevant deflection.
You asked the question.  Don't turn into a bitch and whine about the answer.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2018, 07:41:35 PM »
Ooooh, boo-hoo.  How come you're not giving 10% of your income to starving African kids, ya selfish bastard ?

What makes you think I don't?

Death by disease = death by disease.  Nitpicking over what the disease is a useless activity, when both are treatable / preventable.

Says the guy that argued semantics over a job title.

Not if you vow to be a better a better parent and not inflict religion and/or anti-vaxxer propaganda upon your kid.  Trust me, by and large, their kids aren't going to your kids' schools.

Uh huh lol

You asked the question.  Don't turn into a bitch and whine about the answer.

Stating a fact isn't whining or bitching. Try again.

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2018, 07:46:16 PM »
What makes you think I don't?
Do you or don't do ?

Says the guy that argued semantics over a job title.
It's hardly semantics.  Everyone agrees job titles are largely bullshit nowadays.

Stating a fact isn't whining or bitching. Try again.
It's a particular bit of scab-picking by the OP, witnessed about twenty times or more.  Even Sol didn't do a happy dance every time an Obama official or surrogate stepped down.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2018, 07:53:37 PM »
Do you or don't do ?

I regularly donate to all sorts of charities. Even did the Polar Bear Plunge last month to raise money for the Special Olympics of Maryland.

It's hardly semantics.  Everyone agrees job titles are largely bullshit nowadays.

Uh huh lol

Even Sol didn't do a happy dance every time an Obama official or surrogate stepped down.

You were keeping notes?

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2018, 07:57:33 PM »
I regularly donate to all sorts of charities. Even did the Polar Bear Plunge last month to raise money for the Special Olympics of Maryland.
So... 10% ?  And how much of that spread was to Africa for the starving kids there ?

You were keeping notes?
Detailed.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2018, 08:01:18 PM »
So... 10% ?  And how much of that spread was to Africa for the starving kids there ?

You'll have to ask those charities. No doubt the money I've spent on NFL apparel will soon help clothe countless children in New England Patriots Super Bowl 52 Champions t-shirts.

Detailed.

Release the memo!!

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2018, 08:17:27 PM »
You'll have to ask those charities. No doubt the money I've spent on NFL apparel will soon help clothe countless children in New England Patriots Super Bowl 52 Champions t-shirts.
The point is, why try to guilt someone about other misery in the world, just to take the attention off another (perhaps larger) misery ?

Release the memo!!
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2018, 08:24:15 PM »
The point is, why try to guilt someone about other misery in the world, just to take the attention off another (perhaps larger) misery ?

Who exactly was trying to "take attention off another (perhaps larger) misery ?"?

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2018, 09:09:09 PM »

Irrelevant deflection.

That should be no surprise.
He seems to want to cry I had the nerve to start a thread about a White House official who resigned because it became public he's an accused wife-beater.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2018, 09:41:59 PM »
Who exactly was trying to "take attention off another (perhaps larger) misery ?"?

You.  You said that I don't care about 50 dead children.  Big fucking deal.  You don't care about dysentery in India.  Or starvation in Madagascar.  Or bombings in Syria.  (And all of those kill more than 50 kids.)

That should be no surprise.
He seems to want to cry I had the nerve to start a thread about a White House official who resigned because it became public he's an accused wife-beater.
I think you're just hot for Stephen Miller and Sebastien Gorka...

$1000 says you've mentioned them more than once unsolicited too...
wsh2 wsh3 gb1