Author Topic: Another One Bites the Dust  (Read 491 times)

Offline dbldwn711

Re: Another One Bites the Dust
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2018, 04:09:17 AM »
Could you imagine if JFK's indiscretions had been made public while he was in office ?  The guy nailed everything without a care in the world: married women, interns, starlets, East German spies, mob mistresses, actresses, whores and associated bimbos.  His brother's political career, which conceivably would've included a presidential run, was derailed by a suspicious death of a hussy/staffer.  Clinton sleazed his way all over numerous women while he was AG, governor and president, including allegations of forcible rape.

By contrast, Reagan was a divorcee, Bush I had an open secret of a consensual affair with his personal assistant, and Trump may've had one or more extramarital affairs long before he decided to be president. 

It's an incredible double-standard of the NeverTrumpers to try to tie anything negative with Trump to personal conduct, while ignoring any of the fairly heinous acts that their own heroes have perpetrated.  Whining about Trump or Kelly not immediately attacking their own staff members' alleged domestic abuses speaks volumes, when you consider the amazing benefit-of-the-doubt given to Bill Clinton, Rod Blagojevich, Dan Rostenkowski, Sandy Berger, William J. Jefferson, Hillary Clinton, etc.

They're all slime.  Neither side is appreciably more or less slimy than the other side.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is some kind of hysterical nutjob, not to be trusted.

There's one former president conspicuously absent from that diatribe.  I'm just saying

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2018, 05:30:18 AM »
There's one former president conspicuously absent from that diatribe.  I'm just saying
Who- Warren Harding ?  FDR ?  I don't know how comprehensive you want me to be to demonstrate that presidents of all manner have been abusing women while in office for some time.

As far as I know Bush Jr. wasn't tied to anything definitively and the closest Obama got to that sort of scandal was flirting with the Danish prime minister.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Online Cali Cat

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2018, 12:30:31 PM »
I'm not defending this guy by all means . I detest domestic abuse ( abuse for that matter ) and if what you say is true, let him hang.  I might have been off center of this but what I think is, politicians don't really care as long as the job is getting done. That may be the wrong way of looking at it but it's evident. I'm sure there are decent people out there to select from a pool for a certain job, homework, and many in power don't do it. Trump for one doesn't so much or maybe he does and doesn't care about the findings just the results.

I didn't think you were, but you mentioned "womanizing," and I consider domestic abuse and womanizing two different things.
Interestingly enough, some are trying to make this into  Trump thing, which, in this case, it isn't.
I'm not sure he even knew about it (although, apparently, others in the White House did).
The only place he comes in, other than having an administration with greater turnover in the first, what, 13 months, than, I believe, any before it (thus, the thread title), is how he is making this guy out to be some sort of victim.  That makes me sick.

I do agree politicians tend to decide they don't care as long as the job is getting done, and as long as whatever information doesn't become public, but I have a hard time imagining the past Presidents you listed trying to make out a, imo, credibly accused domestic abuser as some kind of victim.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

I really need to stop saying, "how stupid can you be?"  Some people are starting to take it as a personal challenge.

"I'd let a dude blow me once for free high speed Internet for the rest of my life." -UTKipp

Offline NFL-Solomon

• Acting "As if"
  • Republican
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • With More Brain Than You Can Possibly Imagine
« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2018, 12:36:04 PM »
I didn't think you were, but you mentioned "womanizing," and I consider domestic abuse and womanizing two different things.
Interestingly enough, some are trying to make this into  Trump thing, which, in this case, it isn't.
I'm not sure he even knew about it (although, apparently, others in the White House did).
The only place he comes in, other than having an administration with greater turnover in the first, what, 13 months, than, I believe, any before it (thus, the thread title), is how he is making this guy out to be some sort of victim.  That makes me sick.

I do agree politicians tend to decide they don't care as long as the job is getting done, and as long as whatever information doesn't become public, but I have a hard time imagining the past Presidents you listed trying to make out a, imo, credibly accused domestic abuser as some kind of victim.

Cali's Law: Guilty until proven innocent no longer a man.
There, now you have been granted Wisdom.
"The thread is topic is are ..." -steelerssb, lol "journalist"
"I'm just public housing trash." - dbldwn711 9/19/16 4:03am Confirmed Liar
Permanent Master of Handicappers
"I'm your Huckleberry"
-

Online Cali Cat

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2018, 12:43:24 PM »
Cali's Law: Guilty until proven innocent no longer a man.

Oh, there are lots and lots of men, actual men (as opposed to the pathetic little boys, who don't deserve to be called men, who think it's cool to abuse women), who go through their entire lives without physically abusing anyone.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

I really need to stop saying, "how stupid can you be?"  Some people are starting to take it as a personal challenge.

"I'd let a dude blow me once for free high speed Internet for the rest of my life." -UTKipp

Offline NFL-Solomon

• Acting "As if"
  • Republican
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2018, 01:28:11 PM »
Oh, there are lots and lots of men, actual men (as opposed to the pathetic little boys, who don't deserve to be called men, who think it's cool to abuse women), who go through their entire lives without physically abusing anyone.
My point, is accusation does not equal guilt. is this bozo guilty? Looks that way, but is yet unproven.
"I'm your Huckleberry"
-

Online Cali Cat

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2018, 01:35:49 PM »
My point, is accusation does not equal guilt. is this bozo guilty? Looks that way, but is yet unproven.

Then, perhaps, you should have said that, instead of, you know, attributing something to someone that isn't even close to anything they've said. 
You lose your shit over things like that, going on for months about how this or that person is a liar, 'cause you feel they falsely attributed something to you, yet you're perfectly comfortable doing that to others.
I don't really give a shit, beyond pointing out it makes you look like a huge hypocrite.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline NFL-Solomon

• Acting "As if"
  • Republican
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2018, 01:54:54 PM »
Then, perhaps, you should have said that, instead of, you know, attributing something to someone that isn't even close to anything they've said. 
"I'm your Huckleberry"
-

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2018, 02:00:28 PM »
Ouch.  Maybe that's beyond the pale.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Online Fish-on087

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2018, 04:02:24 PM »

I won't argue against what you said, I may not have enough ammunition to or information to overturn or sway your thought so I won't. I do agree that  ( knowing and validating the evidence to convict someone of a heinous act ) and portraying them as a victim is despicable.

Grover Cleveland, his presidency was tainted with womanizing and yes there is a difference between the 2.
FDR. Knew Hugo Black was a KKK leader and was involved with participation in events but he appointed him to the supreme court.

These are only examples of the blind eye treatment. I know they are different from what this administration is going through but at their times if the available internet was active, imagine the uproar. We're witnessing and living through a new period of awareness in America, Trump is the first. I'm not saying he's perfect but he becomes the first victim of a new judgement.

He has made some bad choices and we are aware of it but maybe not too much more than other administrations, that's my point. 
Concrete shoes have no laces

Online Cali Cat

« Reply #60 on: February 12, 2018, 04:14:06 PM »
I won't argue against what you said, I may not have enough ammunition to or information to overturn or sway your thought so I won't. I do agree that  ( knowing and validating the evidence to convict someone of a heinous act ) and portraying them as a victim is despicable.

Grover Cleveland, his presidency was tainted with womanizing and yes there is a difference between the 2.
FDR. Knew Hugo Black was a KKK leader and was involved with participation in events but he appointed him to the supreme court.

These are only examples of the blind eye treatment. I know they are different from what this administration is going through but at their times if the available internet was active, imagine the uproar. We're witnessing and living through a new period of awareness in America, Trump is the first. I'm not saying he's perfect but he becomes the first victim of a new judgement.

He has made some bad choices and we are aware of it but maybe not too much more than other administrations, that's my point.

I'll agree social media has made the fishbowl even more acute.
I have a really difficult time using "victim" to describe Trump, though.
I also have a difficult time recalling any other administration having so many issues on so many different levels in such a brief period of time, although the awareness of some of it does go back to what I think we're both saying about social media.  That said, he does bring a lot of it on himself.  Even those who kinda like the guy and regularly defend him, or some of them, at least, acknowledge he does himself no good by some the crap he tweets.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Online Fish-on087

« Reply #61 on: February 12, 2018, 04:54:22 PM »
I'll agree social media has made the fishbowl even more acute.
I have a really difficult time using "victim" to describe Trump, though.
I also have a difficult time recalling any other administration having so many issues on so many different levels in such a brief period of time, although the awareness of some of it does go back to what I think we're both saying about social media.  That said, he does bring a lot of it on himself.  Even those who kinda like the guy and regularly defend him, or some of them, at least, acknowledge he does himself no good by some the crap he tweets.

Absolutely  right. You know I voted for him, you know I met the guy and you're right.  He does make bad decisions at that level more so than good . I won't call him a victim because he chose to run for president . I will go back to the statement I said so long ago, you're only as good as the people around you. I think this is more so true with trump than any other president because, he is not a politician. Politicians know who's who and who makes a good teammate. many in congress have opposing party friends because they are politicians. I more or less felt that the drain the swamp speech was a good thing but while draining the swamp he has uncovered hidden problems, problems purposely buried in that swamp. I blame him for that because if he were a politician ( and this is a sneaky comment ) he would have left them alone. I know that's sad and wrong but it's true and maybe the silver lining about his administration , years to come, will be that he ( inadvertently ) uncovered the deep secrets and disgusting problems that lie buried in our political mud. I hope that I am right. I won't defend his absurdity but I will support the office.

Online Fish-on087

« Reply #62 on: February 12, 2018, 05:22:58 PM »
World
Duterte makes lewd threat to female rebels in Philippines
Washington Post 15 hours ago

Reactions

Email
 BEIJING — Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte told soldiers last week to shoot female rebels in their genitals, the latest of several violent, misogynistic remarks

It's not just an American thing , it's a male thing. I'm sure many other political leaders run with the same pack. What bothers me though, is America is not a 3rd world nation , like where these great men hail from. Can't we observe, learn, and act in a decent leadership role?.

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #63 on: February 12, 2018, 05:24:31 PM »
Uh oh, there are two Trump voters here after all.

Sorry Fishy- get ready for some next level nastiness coming to you from the Jondalins around here...
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Online Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2018, 05:26:10 PM »
World
Duterte makes lewd threat to female rebels in Philippines
Washington Post 15 hours ago

Reactions

Email
 BEIJING — Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte told soldiers last week to shoot female rebels in their genitals, the latest of several violent, misogynistic remarks

It's not just an American thing , it's a male thing. I'm sure many other political leaders run with the same pack. What bothers me though, is America is not a 3rd world nation , like where these great men hail from. Can't we observe, learn, and act in a decent leadership role?.

Humans be humans, yo.
Religion: "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Online Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Professional Lawn Darts
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Sharpens you up for a bit of the old ultraviolence
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2018, 05:27:04 PM »
“Shoot em in the pussy”

- Duterte

Vaguely familiar
Light fuse, get away

Online Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #66 on: February 12, 2018, 05:28:02 PM »
“Shoot em in the pussy”

- Duterte

Vaguely familiar

Either way you're still using your trigger finger.
Religion: "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Online Fish-on087

« Reply #67 on: February 12, 2018, 05:31:57 PM »
Uh oh, there are two Trump voters here after all.

Sorry Fishy- get ready for some next level nastiness coming to you from the Jondalins around here...

You didn't know I voted for Trump?. I was on ship early before the boat left port. I'm not a fanatic but I voted for him and guess what. because of SCOTUS. My main point. I don't care if other criticize or ridicule him or even that they think less of me for voting for him, I'm content. I won. I will not defend absurd activism  or even propose it. I won't argue pointless accusations or hypothetical continuances. If there is a subject that can sustain an intelligent debate OK but fake news won't interest me.

Offline Buns of Steel

« Reply #68 on: February 12, 2018, 05:36:18 PM »
You didn't know I voted for Trump?. I was on ship early before the boat left port. I'm not a fanatic but I voted for him and guess what. because of SCOTUS. My main point. I don't care if other criticize or ridicule him or even that they think less of me for voting for him, I'm content. I won. I will not defend absurd activism  or even propose it. I won't argue pointless accusations or hypothetical continuances. If there is a subject that can sustain an intelligent debate OK but fake news won't interest me.

FEEL THE BURN

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #69 on: February 12, 2018, 05:51:52 PM »

I’ve got no issue with who you voted for.  Most on AFR voted for Hillary Clinton or Gary Johnson (probably an even split) with a tiny percentage abstaining entirely.  I had thought someone besides Sol voted for Trump, but couldn’t remember who it was.

Nah, no one’s going to accuse you of being a fanatic or stupid- you vote for whoever you feel will do the best job.  (Okay- ONE person might be “triggered” and go after you this way.). Disagreements make up a large part of political discourse.  It’s working through and overcoming those disagreements that is the key to progress.  Too often nowadays, no one wants to compromise anything, and pretends to stick to some fantastical moral high ground that they refuse to give an inch.

Just saying, good luck.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline NFL-Solomon

• Acting "As if"
  • Republican
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
« Reply #70 on: February 12, 2018, 06:07:47 PM »
I’ve got no issue with who you voted for.  Most on AFR voted for Hillary Clinton or Gary Johnson (probably an even split) with a tiny percentage abstaining entirely.  I had thought someone besides Sol voted for Trump, but couldn’t remember who it was.

Nah, no one’s going to accuse you of being a fanatic or stupid- you vote for whoever you feel will do the best job.  (Okay- ONE person might be “triggered” and go after you this way.). Disagreements make up a large part of political discourse.  It’s working through and overcoming those disagreements that is the key to progress.  Too often nowadays, no one wants to compromise anything, and pretends to stick to some fantastical moral high ground that they refuse to give an inch.

Just saying, good luck.
Didn't Fog also vote Trump?
"I'm your Huckleberry"
-

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #71 on: February 12, 2018, 06:18:13 PM »
I dunno.  He was passed out, I thought.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Online Fish-on087

« Reply #72 on: February 12, 2018, 07:28:43 PM »

I think he did. He defend him as if he did but then again ya never know.

Online Cali Cat

« Reply #73 on: February 12, 2018, 08:52:34 PM »
Absolutely  right. You know I voted for him, you know I met the guy and you're right.  He does make bad decisions at that level more so than good . I won't call him a victim because he chose to run for president . I will go back to the statement I said so long ago, you're only as good as the people around you. I think this is more so true with trump than any other president because, he is not a politician. Politicians know who's who and who makes a good teammate. many in congress have opposing party friends because they are politicians. I more or less felt that the drain the swamp speech was a good thing but while draining the swamp he has uncovered hidden problems, problems purposely buried in that swamp. I blame him for that because if he were a politician ( and this is a sneaky comment ) he would have left them alone. I know that's sad and wrong but it's true and maybe the silver lining about his administration , years to come, will be that he ( inadvertently ) uncovered the deep secrets and disgusting problems that lie buried in our political mud. I hope that I am right. I won't defend his absurdity but I will support the office.

Yep, I remember you voted for him, although I'd forgotten you said you met him.  You're definitely right about you're only as good as the people around you, and boy did Trump surround himself with some real pieces of work.  I disagree with you that he drained the swamp.  I think he made it even murkier.  If it turns out any of the accusations of what you call deep secrets, etc ... are proven, I'll agree with you on that.  I'm of the mind they are manufactured distractions and have little basis in reality, but time will tell on that.

Going back to what I said earlier, one of the reasons I enjoy discussing these sorts of things with you is I know we have different views, but you're able to create good arguments, and you don't devolve into the nonsense that's standard for some others.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Online Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2018, 08:54:43 PM »