Author Topic: Olympics  (Read 263 times)

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • PIV is always rape, ok?!
Olympics
« on: February 09, 2018, 09:29:51 PM »
"Imagine" the worst karaoke ever.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
Re: Olympics
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2018, 09:37:52 PM »
I can't but I'm sure it has an Asian flavor, those L's are a bitch
Concrete shoes have no laces

Offline NFL-Solomon

• Acting "As if"
  • Republican
  • Hall of Famer
  • With More Brain Than You Can Possibly Imagine
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 08:39:01 AM »
I heard it last night. Sadly, the girl was completely unaware.
There, now you have been granted Wisdom.
"The thread is topic is are ..." -steelerssb,"journalist"
"I'm just public housing trash." - dbldwn711 9/19/16 4:03am Confirmed Liar
Permanent Master of Handicappers
"I'm your Huckleberry"
-
"Everything I say is a lie"-dbldwn711

Offline Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 10:50:04 AM »
Maybe Karaoke is not such a good idea, maybe they should invite someone like Ashley Simpson to perform, you know, a lip synced act

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 12:18:56 PM »
I heard it last night. Sadly, the girl was completely unaware.
Which one ?  There were 4 of them, and 3 had no business being near a microphone.  The K-Pop girl was maybe the worst.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline dbldwn711

• Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 05:56:21 AM »
I have no idea what the above posts are discussing but I recently saw a pretty amazing Olympic event.

It was short track relay speed skating.  Ever seen this event?  It's nuts!! There are multiple skaters involved in the event and others that are "resting" but skating while they wait for their turn to participate.

Basically each team has 4 members. One is skating, another is getting in position to be pushed as part of the relay while the other two skate but wait for their turn. There are 4 teams so 16 skaters all circling a very short track. They complete about 25 laps.

The South Korean woman's team is great at this sport. They've won medals in the last few Olympics and this team is a great source of pride for the host nation.

This was a qualifying heat with the top two teams advancing. This was supposed to be a breeze for the South Korean team. On about lap 2 the South Korean skater falls! Ordinarily this is devastung because of the speed involved. It's very hard to make up the time because the event moves so fast and doesn't last very long.  Anyway, she falls and the other three teams are the only ones in the screen shot.  The South Korean team is so far back they aren't even in the picture. Haha

The crowd starts cheering them on anyway and they mount an amazing comeback. I mean they are skating furiously.  You see them inching back into the picture with each lap. At around lap 14 they catch the pack. The crowd is going insane!! They then dominate the rest of the race, leaving the other teams in the dust AND set a new Olympic record in the process despite falling early!!  Hahaha. After they win and set a new Olympic record none of them are smiling. They are pissed they fell!  Hahaha

I'm sorry I could only find the version of this event with Korean commentators. I understand a little Korean so for me it was fun to watch and listen to.  Anyway, if you wanna see it here it is...

With the exception of CHASERS Friday exit poll, and maybe an exception once in a while, I'm done with AFR - NFL-Solomon (liar)

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 09:35:50 AM »
I have no idea what the above posts are discussing but I recently saw a pretty amazing Olympic event.

It was short track relay speed skating.  Ever seen this event?  It's nuts!! There are multiple skaters involved in the event and others that are "resting" but skating while they wait for their turn to participate.

Basically each team has 4 members. One is skating, another is getting in position to be pushed as part of the relay while the other two skate but wait for their turn. There are 4 teams so 16 skaters all circling a very short track. They complete about 25 laps.

The South Korean woman's team is great at this sport. They've won medals in the last few Olympics and this team is a great source of pride for the host nation.

This was a qualifying heat with the top two teams advancing. This was supposed to be a breeze for the South Korean team. On about lap 2 the South Korean skater falls! Ordinarily this is devastung because of the speed involved. It's very hard to make up the time because the event moves so fast and doesn't last very long.  Anyway, she falls and the other three teams are the only ones in the screen shot.  The South Korean team is so far back they aren't even in the picture. Haha

The crowd starts cheering them on anyway and they mount an amazing comeback. I mean they are skating furiously.  You see them inching back into the picture with each lap. At around lap 14 they catch the pack. The crowd is going insane!! They then dominate the rest of the race, leaving the other teams in the dust AND set a new Olympic record in the process despite falling early!!  Hahaha. After they win and set a new Olympic record none of them are smiling. They are pissed they fell!  Hahaha

I'm sorry I could only find the version of this event with Korean commentators. I understand a little Korean so for me it was fun to watch and listen to.  Anyway, if you wanna see it here it is...

28-3
"Democracy? I want nothing to do with a system which operates on the premise that my rights don't exist simply because I am outnumbered."

-  E. Lee Wrights

“Keep a goverment poor and weak and it's your servant; when it is rich and powerful it becomes your master.”
―H. Beam Piper

“Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance. – H.L. Mencken

Offline dbldwn711

• Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 01:46:06 PM »
With the exception of CHASERS Friday exit poll, and maybe an exception once in a while, I'm done with AFR - NFL-Solomon (liar)

Online Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2018, 01:47:36 PM »

I've yet to see any events, but I did see a picture and am hoping to see a video of Tae Kwon Do demonstration teams from North and South Korea doing a demo together.  It isn't the first time it's happened, but it's something I find really moving.

memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Heinlein (thanks, kburjr!)

"... I'm dangerous, I'm unhinged, I'm mentally ill ..."  -F  og

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2018, 02:28:43 PM »

The coverage on NBC has gotten so much better.  I’m usually watching a tape delay, more because I’m not bothering to tune in when events are live.  But the snowboarding is pretty cool, and the hockey (women’s) has been fun.  Men’s hockey is the crown jewel for me

The only exception of events I’ve seen so far is biathlon.  Along with curling, it’s one of those sports that for anyone other than the competitors is dead boring to watch or participate in.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Professional Lawn Darts
  • Hall of Famer
  • Sharpens you up for a bit of the old ultraviolence
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2018, 03:34:13 PM »
I've yet to see any events, but I did see a picture and am hoping to see a video of Tae Kwon Do demonstration teams from North and South Korea doing a demo together.  It isn't the first time it's happened, but it's something I find really moving.

South Korea better win gold in TKD.

This reminds me of the movie Best of the Best.
Light fuse, get away

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Professional Lawn Darts
  • Hall of Famer
  • Sharpens you up for a bit of the old ultraviolence
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2018, 03:35:37 PM »
Still can’t believe OUR nhl’ers aren’t allowed in the Olympics, but the kids we send get to face off against guys like Pavel Datsyuk and Ilya Kovalchuk
Light fuse, get away

Online Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2018, 03:48:56 PM »
South Korea better win gold in TKD.

This reminds me of the movie Best of the Best.

In this Olympics, they most definitely will not.
Tae Kwon Do is an event in the summer Olympics, not the Winter Games.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Heinlein (thanks, kburjr!)

Offline Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2018, 05:10:00 PM »
In this Olympics, they most definitely will not.
Tae Kwon Do is an event in the summer Olympics, not the Winter Games.

It's a seasonal sport?, are you sure.

Online Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2018, 05:18:16 PM »
It's a seasonal sport?, are you sure.

I wouldn't call it a seasonal sport, but, yes, I'm sure Tae Kwon Do competition is only part of the Olympics in the Summer games.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 05:19:56 PM by Cali Cat »
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2018, 05:42:19 PM »
I wouldn't call it a seasonal sport, but, yes, I'm sure Tae Kwon Do competition is only part of the Olympics in the Summer games.

Right as usual but I was just funning.

How much ya think a good voodoo doll will cost to be blessed?/cursed?

Online Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2018, 05:49:46 PM »
Right as usual but I was just funning.

How much ya think a good voodoo doll will cost to be blessed?/cursed?

Hahaha. 
My bad.
I thought, since I'd mentioned there was a demo, you may have thought there would be competition, too.

Cost?
If you want one to truly be effective, you need to both make it yourself and imbue it with the blessing/curse yourself.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2018, 07:08:43 PM »
Hahaha. 
My bad.
I thought, since I'd mentioned there was a demo, you may have thought there would be competition, too.

Cost?
If you want one to truly be effective, you need to both make it yourself and imbue it with the blessing/curse yourself.

What!, do it yourself voodoo kits?, and what of the long traditional voodoo priests?, they unemployed?. I just don't trust myself. Suppose I fuc# it up and put the curse on me? I  mean, how could I live with myself, putting a hit on myself?.  I better not.

Where's that kola nut guy, ya know Geoffrey Holder

Online Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2018, 07:19:44 PM »

What!, do it yourself voodoo kits?, and what of the long traditional voodoo priests?, they unemployed?. I just don't trust myself. Suppose I fuc# it up and put the curse on me? I  mean, how could I live with myself, putting a hit on myself?.  I better not.

Where's that kola nut guy, ya know Geoffrey Holder

The more personally involved you are in the creation of the doll, the greater power it will have.

memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2018, 07:46:57 PM »
The more personally involved you are in the creation of the doll, the greater power it will have.

I think I'd rather go to a professional that's licensed maybe one that is LLC. I'd feel uncomfortable dressing in a grass skirt and dancing around throwing powder up like Lebron James. Ya maybe I'll just find a different way.

What do you know about fertilizers? and who makes the best time pieces

Offline Buns of Steel

• I'm too sexy for my cat
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 05:28:35 PM »
how many of the korean athletes are really japanese because of WWII?
FEEL THE BURN

Offline Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 05:34:30 PM »
Maybe the same percentage of Russians that are German, or Germans that are Russian or Austrians that are German or Americans that are Spanish, Italian, German , or any other nation that immigrated.