Author Topic: Smart People Don't Want To Live In Liberal Areas  (Read 763 times)

Offline wild-turkey

Smart People Don't Want To Live In Liberal Areas
« on: February 10, 2018, 12:51:25 PM »
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/02/08/san-francisco-bay-area-mass-exodus-residents/

Liberals driving their citizens to move because of politics, taxes, crime and cost of living.  Where are they moving?  Red states.

Offline wild-turkey

Re: Smart People Don't Want To Live In Liberal Areas
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 12:58:31 PM »
http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-parking-lots-housing-20180209-story.html

LA to be one big homeless refuge.  Liberal policies and sanctuary cities are great ideas I'm telling you.

Offline Fog

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 01:41:22 PM »
I wonder why Amazon wants to move out of Seattle?
Liberals are Lazy
And so when a liberal asks you, 'Why are you a conservative?" simply say, "So that you can be a liberal." Greg Gutfeld

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 01:53:25 PM »
Maybe they don’t want their profits taxed 100% ?
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2018, 02:02:56 PM »
http://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2018/02/08/san-francisco-bay-area-mass-exodus-residents/

Liberals driving their citizens to move because of politics, taxes, crime and cost of living.  Where are they moving?  Red states.

C'mon, WT, one person in the article says "we don’t like this sanctuary state status and just the politics here,” as a reason for leaving, and you frame it as "Liberals driving their citizens to move?"

That wouldn't surprise me out of the usual suspects around here, but I tend to think of you as better than that.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Heinlein (thanks, kburjr!)

Offline wild-turkey

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 02:21:56 PM »
C'mon, WT, one person in the article says "we don’t like this sanctuary state status and just the politics here,” as a reason for leaving, and you frame it as "Liberals driving their citizens to move?"

That wouldn't surprise me out of the usual suspects around here, but I tend to think of you as better than that.
Why do you hate poor people, love taxes and want to harbor criminals?

Offline wild-turkey

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 02:26:06 PM »
They aren't moving out they are building a new facility for growth as I understand it.  From what I've read it would be tough to increase their current presence in Seattle to the degree their projections are estimating so they are building a second campus in another part of the country to help with facility needs and tap new sources of talent.

Oh wait I forgot!  Yes they are moving because liberal policies are driving them away...wow almost blew that one.

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 02:47:28 PM »
Why do you hate poor people, love taxes and want to harbor criminals?

Hahahaha!!!

I can't argue with the complaints about the cost of living, specifically housing costs.
It's truly absurd.
My house, which, sure, is a nice house, but certainly not large (2+ bedrooms [the "+" refers to the teeny extra room which, if someone had a small kid, could work as a bedroom, but is really more of a teeny office] and 1 1/2 baths), has no business being worth what it's worth.
I could sell it, move to almost anywhere else in the country, buy a much larger house, and still have close to half a million left over.
If I moved back to Louisville, I'd have more than that left over.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Heinlein (thanks, kburjr!)

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 03:01:56 PM »
The worst sort probably live in Stockton.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 03:10:35 PM »
I've driven through Stockton.
I can't imagine anyone actually wanting to live there.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline wild-turkey

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 03:12:18 PM »
Hahahaha!!!

I can't argue with the complaints about the cost of living, specifically housing costs.
It's truly absurd.
My house, which, sure, is a nice house, but certainly not large (2+ bedrooms [the "+" refers to the teeny extra room which, if someone had a small kid, could work as a bedroom, but is really more of a teeny office] and 1 1/2 baths), has no business being worth what it's worth.
I could sell it, move to almost anywhere else in the country, buy a much larger house, and still have close to half a million left over.
If I moved back to Louisville, I'd have more than that left over.
You should consider Baltimore.  I hear it is lovely and the liberal policies and crime rate should make you feel right at home.

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 03:18:49 PM »
You should consider Baltimore.  I hear it is lovely and the liberal policies and crime rate should make you feel right at home.

There are some parts of the Bay Area where the crime rate is really bad (Oakland, North Richmond, and East Palo Alto come to mind), but I live in an area with a very low crime rate.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline wild-turkey

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2018, 03:34:38 PM »
There are some parts of the Bay Area where the crime rate is really bad (Oakland, North Richmond, and East Palo Alto come to mind), but I live in an area with a very low crime rate.
Then you aren't liberal enough and should feel shame.  Your area needs crime redistribution.

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2018, 03:48:46 PM »
Then you aren't liberal enough and should feel shame.

I've heard that, or something close, from folks around here, many times.
Of course, then I hear how I'm not conservative enough from my stepfather in Kentucky.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 04:01:27 PM »
Then you aren't liberal enough and should feel shame.  Your area needs crime redistribution.
Palo Alto’s just lousy with homeless people.  It’s the height of liberal hypocrisy (especially in California) to claim moral superiority for redesigning economic policy, and meanwhile some guy is sleeping in a bush outside Stanford and another guy is pissing into a bottle 50 yards from Sergey Brin’s condo.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 04:47:07 PM by Misterfamous »
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 05:42:00 PM »
Holy shit, Sergey Brin's condo in Palo Alto looks more like a mansion in Los Altos Hills, but what do I know?

memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 06:16:22 PM »
Holy shit, Sergey Brin's condo in Palo Alto looks more like a mansion in Los Altos Hills, but what do I know?

How to be full of shit ?

101 Alma St.

There's an even shittier neighborhood that his first apt. was in too:

725 Cowper Street in Palo Alto
https://www.curbed.com/2012/8/13/10340470/google-billionaire-sergey-brin-lives-in-a-poorlyrated-rental
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2018, 06:30:38 PM »
LOL!!!

You really should start reading the articles you post, or if you do read them, you really should try comprehending the words on at least a  basic level.

From the 2012 article you posted:

"Brin has since moved onto an estate in Los Altos that cost $7M for the land alone"
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 06:39:08 PM »
LOL!!!

You really should start reading the articles you post, or if you do read them, you really should try comprehending the words on at least a  basic level.

From the 2012 article you posted:

"Brin has since moved onto an estate in Los Altos that cost $7M for the land alone"
So, he never lived in the residences I cited ?

I find it curious you seek so hard to claim I'm wrong, when even you admit the Brin reference was current as of 2012.  The main topic was about Palo Alto's exploding homeless problem, of which I cited Brin's residence as one prominent example.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2018, 06:45:24 PM »
So, he never lived in the residences I cited ?

I'm sorry it upsets you that after you mentioned how some homeless guy is pissing in a bottle 50 ft from Brin's condo in Palo Alto, I posted a picture of his current residence and point out it looks more like a mansion in Los Altos Hills than a condo in Palo Alto.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2018, 06:48:48 PM »
I'm sorry it upsets you that after you mentioned how some homeless guy is pissing in a bottle 50 ft from Brin's condo in Palo Alto, I posted a picture of his current residence and point out it looks more like a mansion in Los Altos Hills than a condo in Palo Alto.
Yes, but do you deny he lived at 101 Alma St. or 725 Cowper Street ?  There's a homeless problem in Palo Alto, whether you want to admit it or not.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2018, 06:59:21 PM »
Yes, but do you deny he lived at 101 Alma St. or 725 Cowper Street ?  There's a homeless problem in Palo Alto, whether you want to admit it or not.

I don't see any place I even so much as indicated he'd never lived anywhere but that mansion.
I'm not sure why you cited some homeless guy pissing in a bottle 50 feet from Brin's condo, when he hasn't lived there for years, but, well, I'll just chalk it up to you being lazy with your hyperbole.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Misterfamous

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2018, 07:16:19 PM »
I don't see any place I even so much as indicated he'd never lived anywhere but that mansion.
I'm not sure why you cited some homeless guy pissing in a bottle 50 feet from Brin's condo, when he hasn't lived there for years, but, well, I'll just chalk it up to you being lazy with your hyperbole.
Again, so has the homeless problem only been in existence in Palo Alto since 2012 ?  You've become fixated on my Sergey Brin reference as "wrong", because seemingly you want to claim victory.  Victory would be successfully refuting there is a massive homelessness problem in Palo Alto, including right in front of a building a Google founder lived in FOR YEARS, not just pointing at his residence today and saying I was lazy.

Hell, for all we know, one of the reasons he left that condo at Alma St. for his gated mansion was because of the homeless people pissing in bottles 50 yards away.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2018, 07:27:26 PM »
Again, so has the homeless problem only been in existence in Palo Alto since 2012 ?  You've become fixated on my Sergey Brin reference as "wrong", because seemingly you want to claim victory.  Victory would be successfully refuting there is a massive homelessness problem in Palo Alto, including right in front of a building a Google founder lived in FOR YEARS, not just pointing at his residence today and saying I was lazy.

Hell, for all we know, one of the reasons he left that condo at Alma St. for his gated mansion was because of the homeless people pissing in bottles 50 yards away.

Again, I'm sorry it upsets you that after you mentioned how some homeless guy is pissing in a bottle 50 ft from Brin's condo in Palo Alto, a condo he hasn't lived in FOR YEARS, I posted a picture of his current residence and point out it looks more like a mansion in Los Altos Hills than a condo in Palo Alto

Whatever else you're trying to turn this into isn't worth my time.

Perhaps you should cry some more about how I started a thread you didn't like, you poor thing.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 07:29:25 PM by Cali Cat »
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1