Author Topic: Smart People Don't Want To Live In Liberal Areas  (Read 1036 times)

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • PIV is always rape, ok?!
Re: Smart People Don't Want To Live In Liberal Areas
« Reply #50 on: February 11, 2018, 04:39:49 PM »
Voters approved a measure in the county, I think it was last year, for affordable housing, with hundreds of millions of dollars specifically going toward housing the homeless.
Again, more feel-good legislation.  I hope it does some good, but combating homelessness needs to be a results-based metric.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline wild-turkey

• 101 Proof
  • Icon
« Reply #51 on: February 11, 2018, 04:59:52 PM »
Again, more feel-good legislation.  I hope it does some good, but combating homelessness needs to be a results-based metric.
If they start tracking metrics then they will have to ship them out of the state.  I vote Los Vegas as dbldwn has become a super liberal lately and I have zero doubt he can lead the battle against homelessness and eliminate it.

Offline Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #52 on: February 11, 2018, 05:08:36 PM »
I was finishing up my tax returns and left this window open.   Shopping for a motorhome.

P.S.  Don't fuck with me.  Cleaning some guns for the revolution.

Now we're talking. I just bought 6 more guns, loading up. I have a surplus of bump stocks too, but they're not necessary.

Concrete shoes have no laces

Offline dbldwn711

• Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2018, 05:25:49 PM »
Crank that puppy up and head South.  Great weather, great hunting, lower taxes and we love freedom.

“We’re also not big into dental care or wearing shoes!”

— WT
With the exception of CHASERS Friday exit poll, and maybe an exception once in a while, I'm done with AFR - NFL-Solomon (liar)

Offline dbldwn711

• Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2018, 05:38:20 PM »
If they start tracking metrics then they will have to ship them out of the state.  I vote Los Vegas as dbldwn has become a super liberal lately and I have zero doubt he can lead the battle against homelessness and eliminate it.

Haha

Can you guess which state has the highest PER CAPITA homeless problem? 

It’s Hawaii. Why?  Because when cities started busing their homeless out of town they realized other cities were busing their homeless to them anyway.  A few years ago some cities got smart and bought homeless people one way airline tickets to hawaii.  Nice climate but tough to get back from there.

Several years ago the city of Honolulu broke up a homeless camp of 5-7K thousand homeless living on the West side of the island.  More recently they had to shutdown a homeless encampment in a large beach park outside Ala Moana Shopping Mall (the mall just outside Waikiki)   because the plumbing in the restrooms was all backed up, homeless were splicing into the electrical to run their TVs, fans, etc and dogs which were allowed to roam free were biting people.

Homelessness is a huge problem in hawaii. Google it. There are no easy solutions.
With the exception of CHASERS Friday exit poll, and maybe an exception once in a while, I'm done with AFR - NFL-Solomon (liar)

Offline Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2018, 05:40:08 PM »

— WT
ooooh now all we need is a kin joke.

I just can't... it may be too offensive.

Offline wild-turkey

• 101 Proof
  • Icon
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2018, 05:44:12 PM »

— WT
So you are in favor of forcing people to wear shoes?

As for dental health I thought you were big on universal health like the British have?  Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Offline wild-turkey

• 101 Proof
  • Icon
« Reply #57 on: February 11, 2018, 05:48:57 PM »
Haha

It’s Hawaii. Why?  Because when cities started busing their homeless out of town they realized other cities were busing their homeless to them anyway.  A few years ago some cities got smart and bought homeless people one way airline tickets to hawaii.  Nice climate but tough to get back from there.

Several years ago the city of Honolulu broke up a homeless camp of 5-7K thousand homeless living on the West side of the island.  More recently they had to shutdown a homeless encampment in a large beach park outside Ala Moana Shopping Mall (the mall just outside Waikiki)   because the plumbing in the restrooms was all backed up, homeless were splicing into the electrical to run their TVs, fans, etc and dogs which were allowed to roam free were biting people.

Homelessness is a huge problem in hawaii. Google it. There are no easy solutions.
One way flight to French Polynesia.

Online Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #58 on: February 11, 2018, 05:52:30 PM »
Haha

Ala Moana???
There's a Saimin place there (or at least it used to be there ... don't know if it still is) I love ...
And Ala Moana beach kinda rocks.
It's amazing how it's just down from Waikiki, but even though Waikiki is packed, Ala Moana is almost empty.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Heinlein (thanks, kburjr!)

"... I'm dangerous, I'm unhinged, I'm mentally ill ..."  -F  og

Offline wild-turkey

• 101 Proof
  • Icon
« Reply #59 on: February 11, 2018, 06:25:07 PM »
Ala Moana???
There's a Saimin place there (or at least it used to be there ... don't know if it still is) I love ...
And Ala Moana beach kinda rocks.
It's amazing how it's just down from Waikiki, but even though Waikiki is packed, Ala Moana is almost empty.
Great you go from making homeless sleep in parking lots to cultural misappropriation of native Hawaiian landmarks. 

I'm completely disqusted.

Offline dbldwn711

• Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #60 on: February 11, 2018, 06:31:21 PM »
So you are in favor of forcing people to wear shoes?

As for dental health I thought you were big on universal health like the British have?  Can't have your cake and eat it too.

Listen... let me be CLEAR!!  I support any funding that allows ALL Alabamians to brush their tooth at least twice a day.

No matter the cost!!

Offline dbldwn711

• Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #61 on: February 11, 2018, 06:43:06 PM »
One way flight to French Polynesia.

Haha

Go and research this: there’s a tiny island called Micronesia. The US government did some military testing there that fucked it up so bad that the island is basically uninhabitable. What did the government do? Moved almost everyone off the island (some stayed) gave them us citizenship and relocated them to hawaii.

While the government gives them some money in the form of aid the COL in hawaii is so high it doesn’t make a dent. Also, because most of them grew up on a recluse island they have no real skills that are transferable to our way of life. Most of these people end up homeless and in the streets. I’m not kidding: you will see them literally standing in the middle of the street yelling at cars as they whiz by.  First time I saw this I was with a buddy of mine and I said “watch out for this homeless guy in the middle of the street!  He’s acting crazy!!”  My buddy said, that’s not a homeless guy.  That’s a Micronesian. But you’re right... those fuckers are crazy!!”

He then proceeded to tell me how they ended up in hawaii. Since then I notice them everywhere. He was telling me how these people are sucking up the already limited resources to help homeless people in hawaii.

It’s not all rapist and drug dealers from Mexico. Come out of your little GOP bubble and learn some stuff. Don’t end up like Sol.

Online Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #62 on: February 11, 2018, 06:45:52 PM »
Great you go from making homeless sleep in parking lots to cultural misappropriation of native Hawaiian landmarks. 

I'm completely disqusted.

The homeless are gettin' kind soft having the luxury of sleeping on asphalt.
A few nights on gravel would toughen 'em up!
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Heinlein (thanks, kburjr!)

Offline Mr. Shickadance

• Democrat
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #63 on: February 11, 2018, 06:49:18 PM »
Don’t end up like Sol.

I doubt humanity can produce enough food for that to happen twice.
Religion: "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Offline wild-turkey

• 101 Proof
  • Icon
« Reply #64 on: February 11, 2018, 07:06:19 PM »
Haha

Go and research this: there’s a tiny island called Micronesia. The US government did some military testing there that fucked it up so bad that the island is basically uninhabitable. What did the government do? Moved almost everyone off the island (some stayed) gave them us citizenship and relocated them to hawaii.

While the government gives them some money in the form of aid the COL in hawaii is so high it doesn’t make a dent. Also, because most of them grew up on a recluse island they have no real skills that are transferable to our way of life. Most of these people end up homeless and in the streets. I’m not kidding: you will see them literally standing in the middle of the street yelling at cars as they whiz by.  First time I saw this I was with a buddy of mine and I said “watch out for this homeless guy in the middle of the street!  He’s acting crazy!!”  My buddy said, that’s not a homeless guy.  That’s a Micronesian. But you’re right... those fuckers are crazy!!”

He then proceeded to tell me how they ended up in hawaii. Since then I notice them everywhere. He was telling me how these people are sucking up the already limited resources to help homeless people in hawaii.

It’s not all rapist and drug dealers from Mexico. Come out of your little GOP bubble and learn some stuff. Don’t end up like Sol.
My GOP bubble is an area that doesn't have a huge homeless problem.  Those that are can usually be put into 3 categories 1. Drug Abuse 2. Mental Illness and refuse help 3. People that just won't work.  The government helps but the majority of the programs are run by non-profits with religious affiliations and they do tremendous work.  The men's programs can be scary because those guys when strung out are super sketchy but they get fed and a bed if they want.

There are support systems that help families stay together and get back on their feet.  i would say without question hunger is a much bigger issue here than homeless.  This has been on the radar and organizations have started backpack programs at schools to send food home with kids over the weekends when they typically don't get fed and others.  These programs are very effective and one hundred percent funded through non government programs.

Taxes and government aren't always the answer.  It's not nirvana because there is a ton of poverty but the balance of land, jobs and culture of charity is so strong most have at least a shot at a decent life. 

I'll give you Hawaii is unique, doesn't have the job market, has really fucked up internal politics and is isolated to the point of finding permant solutions almost impossible.  However if asshole gringos like yourself wouldn't steal the native people's land they would have a better shot.

Offline Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #65 on: February 11, 2018, 07:15:27 PM »
My GOP bubble is an area that doesn't have a huge homeless problem.  Those that are can usually be put into 3 categories 1. Drug Abuse 2. Mental Illness and refuse help 3. People that just won't work.  The government helps but the majority of the programs are run by non-profits with religious affiliations and they do tremendous work.  The men's programs can be scary because those guys when strung out are super sketchy but they get fed and a bed if they want.

There are support systems that help families stay together and get back on their feet.  i would say without question hunger is a much bigger issue here than homeless.  This has been on the radar and organizations have started backpack programs at schools to send food home with kids over the weekends when they typically don't get fed and others.  These programs are very effective and one hundred percent funded through non government programs.

Taxes and government aren't always the answer.  It's not nirvana because there is a ton of poverty but the balance of land, jobs and culture of charity is so strong most have at least a shot at a decent life. 

I'll give you Hawaii is unique, doesn't have the job market, has really fucked up internal politics and is isolated to the point of finding permant solutions almost impossible.  However if asshole gringos like yourself wouldn't steal the native people's land they would have a better shot.

I don't know WT, I don't find a strong argument for what you're suggesting. My legal address is in a liberal dominated area and the others are in predominately conservative areas. I find the same problems in both. Smart people are some of the poverty stricken and homeless. I don't think the degree of education places you beyond poverty's approach.

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2018, 07:18:54 PM »

But the common thread is: these ultra-progressive states have massive social welfare networks.  They do their best to take care of such people, by providing the bare minimum of services, all the while simultaneously ignoring their detriment to society, or making significant investment to actually improving their lives so that they are no longer a detriment.  If there's no money because every state is in a massive recession, then fine.  But when you tout your own state and its politics as "more caring", and here's this incredible disparity of wealth and such people are seen to be living in makeshift tents and shitting in bushes, then it's readily apparent you're a hypocrite. 

The practical lesson is that this group of people are truly uncared for.  The more "harsh" conservative states neglect such people, but at least insist on standards and good conduct.  The more progressive states neglect such people, and give false hope through inadequate and insulting welfare programs.  Of course they flock to the states where there's more free food, free booze, free drugs, etc., which effectively turns them into slaves.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline dbldwn711

• Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2018, 07:22:45 PM »

Haha (at the last line about gringos)

Dude, I'm with ya on a lot of your post. While I may have a softer heart on this issue (I was homeless for 4 months after my parents died and all the government wanted to do to "help" me was separate my sister from me) and I most certainly agree that "handouts" don't solve the problem. The truth is if someone is a drug addict and homeless that's their choice. I walk right past them. No problem. I don't give two shits about their sob story.  I have a little more empathy for people with mental health problems but if they stay on their meds and get help they should be ok. Why are they off their meds is the question I wanna know. If it's their choice I treat them like the drug addicts described above. Lazy fuckers? Pfft... not even worth discussing. Bottom line, people have to WANT to help themselves or else nothing works.

Where you and I disagree (I'm assuming) is that there are enough programs for people who want to help themselves or need temporary help. There isn't. Why? I suspect because the other three categories are sucking up a lot of the resources. We have to do a better job of delineating between those sucking on the teet and those that need and want help. The later need SUSTAINED help. Not everyone lives in the nice little world of "Mr and Mrs WT".  Some don't have that support network. Some want to get out of their repressing situations but they can't either because they don't have family support, have a kid, etc.  Bottom line for me is if my tax dollars are gonna give members of congress FREE health care FOR LIFE they better find some money to help those who WANT a better life get one. Sorry but backpacks don't cut it

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:27:14 PM by dbldwn711 »

Offline wild-turkey

• 101 Proof
  • Icon
« Reply #68 on: February 11, 2018, 07:45:42 PM »
This thread has gotten off track.

The whole point is that liberals screw up theirs own communities to the point they're unlivable, proceed to move to other communities to screw them up and scream about how the whole country is wrong and should screw up their communities.

When will the liberal screwing stop!

Offline Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #69 on: February 11, 2018, 07:51:15 PM »

The whole point is that liberals screw up theirs own communities to the point they're unlivable, proceed to move to other communities to screw them up and scream about how the whole country is wrong and should screw up their communities.

Why didn't you say so in the first place, why be so obtuse. The screwing may not stop, Liberals are represented by the color blue, and screwing stops when you experience blue balls, so if they're already blue......

Online Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #70 on: February 11, 2018, 08:02:52 PM »

Leave it to the Catholic to want to put a damper on screwing!!!  ;)
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline dbldwn711

• Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • NGS is the Best
« Reply #71 on: February 11, 2018, 08:11:14 PM »

Don’t worry liberals. Say 5 Our Fathers and 10 Hail Marys and it’s all good!

Offline wild-turkey

• 101 Proof
  • Icon
« Reply #72 on: February 11, 2018, 08:13:02 PM »
Don’t worry liberals. Say 5 Our Fathers and 10 Hail Marys and it’s all good!
They don't go to confession or get absolution...big problem.

Offline Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #73 on: February 11, 2018, 09:15:13 PM »

That's kinda mean.  There's probably a Baltimore tourism bureau...
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Tom Ace

• Star
  • Icon
  • This is my personal text.
« Reply #74 on: February 12, 2018, 08:22:50 AM »
Haha (at the last line about gringos)

Dude, I'm with ya on a lot of your post. While I may have a softer heart on this issue (I was homeless for 4 months after my parents died and all the government wanted to do to "help" me was separate my sister from me) and I most certainly agree that "handouts" don't solve the problem. The truth is if someone is a drug addict and homeless that's their choice. I walk right past them. No problem. I don't give two shits about their sob story.  I have a little more empathy for people with mental health problems but if they stay on their meds and get help they should be ok. Why are they off their meds is the question I wanna know. If it's their choice I treat them like the drug addicts described above. Lazy fuckers? Pfft... not even worth discussing. Bottom line, people have to WANT to help themselves or else nothing works.

I think looking at it as a choice for the people you mentioned is a little too simplistic.  If someone is a drug addict, it's not necessarily a choice anymore.  It can be incredibly hard to kick a drug addiction.  Same with mental illness.  It's not as simple as thinking about the situation rationally and deciding you want to make your situation better.

I also don't like the idea of helping people who just want to be lazy.  But that is a small part of the overall problem, and I don't generally put drug addicts and people with mental health issues in that group.