Author Topic: Vanessa Trump, wife of Donald Jr., attacked  (Read 121 times)

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Professional Lawn Darts
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • Sharpens you up for a bit of the old ultraviolence
Re: Vanessa Trump, wife of Donald Jr., attacked
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 01:18:14 PM »
getting more and more like House of Cards every damn day
Light fuse, get away

Offline Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:27:49 PM »
getting more and more like House of Cards every damn day

I've never seen House of Cards.
I do wonder, though, if, say, someone in Obama's family received a letter with an unidentified substance, was taken to the hospital as a precaution, and there was "no sign the substance was hazardous or that anyone suffered injuries," and a thread was started entitled ... "Obama Family Attacked," I bet words like "hysterical" would be thrown around about the OP, and the episode dismissed as nothing but a hoax.

That's not to say I believe sending even an innocuous substance with, what I would guess was, the intent to frighten is acceptable.  It isn't, not by any stretch of the imagination.  The fear it caused is real, and trying to instill fear in someone just because you don't agree with them is really fucking pathetic.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

I really need to stop saying, "how stupid can you be?"  Some people are starting to take it as a personal challenge.

"I'd let a dude blow me once for free high speed Internet for the rest of my life." -UTKipp

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 01:33:07 PM »
in HoC there was a letter received with an unknown white powder. they had to quarantine the building for a few hours.
Light fuse, get away

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 01:36:42 PM »
in HoC there was a letter received with an unknown white powder. they had to quarantine the building for a few hours.

Ah.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

I really need to stop saying, "how stupid can you be?"  Some people are starting to take it as a personal challenge.

"I'd let a dude blow me once for free high speed Internet for the rest of my life." -UTKipp

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 01:39:55 PM »
I do wonder, though, if, say, someone in Obama's family received a letter with an unidentified substance, was taken to the hospital as a precaution, and there was "no sign the substance was hazardous or that anyone suffered injuries," and a thread was started entitled ... "Obama Family Attacked," I bet words like "hysterical" would be thrown around about the OP, and the episode dismissed as nothing but a hoax.

That's not to say I believe sending even an innocuous substance with, what I would guess was, the intent to frighten is acceptable.  It isn't, not by any stretch of the imagination.  The fear it caused is real, and trying to instill fear in someone just because you don't agree with them is really fucking pathetic.
WTF is wrong with you ?  All I did was post a link to a breaking news story.

While the Obamas endured a moderate number of threats, someone once fired shots against the White House, the closest anything comes to this is when a woman sent ricin addressed to Obama as part of a faux plot.  Ricin isn't anthrax though, which is almost surely what this assassination attempt is meant to simulate.  A number of officials in the Bush II administration had anthrax letters sent to them, a mixture of both real, poisonous powder and hoaxes, though Bush and his immediate family were not affected.

No one was trying to make you feel bad, Cali, just because you might harbor desires to see Republicans hurt or killed.  When an armed gunman attacked Steve Scalise and others at a practice for a charity baseball game, it wasn't an attempt to personally shame YOU when news outlets reported on it.

I'd say any attack on government officials or their family is wrong, regardless of political ideology.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 01:56:49 PM »
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...

And away he goes ...
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 01:59:43 PM »
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...

And away he goes ...
Again, all I did was post a link to a breaking news story.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 02:15:59 PM »
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ...
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline wild-turkey

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 02:17:31 PM »

I felt bad when Regan was shot.

Offline Mannyrules3

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 02:20:16 PM »

Thank God Brady was there!  Those heroic Bradys.

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 02:20:32 PM »
I was too young.  I didn't understand things like assassination attempts, bulletproof ricochets or men lusting after Jodie Foster.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Red Hessian

• The Crimson King
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 02:25:01 PM »
I was too young.  I didn't understand things like assassination attempts, bulletproof ricochets or men lusting after Jodie Foster.
a teenage Foster at that, right? Like 15? 16?
Light fuse, get away

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2018, 02:28:38 PM »
a teenage Foster at that, right? Like 15? 16?
I think so.  Hinckley was kinda dumb and creepy, in addition to having a screw loose.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2018, 02:32:00 PM »

I think pretty much everyone did.
I was just a kid, but I remember how much it upset my mother, and she was no fan of Regan, by any stretch of the imagination.
If I remember correctly, that was the first time she told me about her experience with the Kennedy assassination.
She was working for Rand McNally as a book editor, they refused to close for Kennedy's funeral, which, as I understand it, was a national day of mourning, so she led a walk-out.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Online Fish-on087

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 02:52:32 PM »
I think anytime a president ( democrat or republican or whig ) is the victim of an assassination or attempt, a person feels sympathy or sorrow  and it's not toward the person as it is so much toward the position. I was a young lad when JFK was shot and I didn't really know the man but I felt a sense of hopelessness for our leadership as a nation. I remember my mother crying and my father saying oh no not that goddamned Johnson  for president ( they were both democrats too ).
Concrete shoes have no laces

Offline NFL-Solomon

• Acting "As if"
  • Republican
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • With More Brain Than You Can Possibly Imagine
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 02:54:57 PM »
I don't remember the 66th Secretary Of The Treasury getting shot.
There, now you have been granted Wisdom.
"The thread is topic is are ..." -steelerssb, lol "journalist"
"I'm just public housing trash." - dbldwn711 9/19/16 4:03am Confirmed Liar
Permanent Master of Handicappers
"I'm your Huckleberry"
-

Offline B_lake

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 02:57:02 PM »
I remember Hulk Hogan's heel turn to the NWO. 

That was a trying week for me.
"Hey little kid" - NFL-Solo to B_lake on 12-20-2016

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 02:59:24 PM »
I remember Hulk Hogan's heel turn to the NWO. 

That was a trying week for me.
Was that the period where he dyed his facial hair two different colors ?
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline NFL-Solomon

• Acting "As if"
  • Republican
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • With More Brain Than You Can Possibly Imagine
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 03:00:10 PM »
I think anytime a president ( democrat or republican or whig ) is the victim of an assassination or attempt, a person feels sympathy or sorrow  and it's not toward the person as it is so much toward the position. I was a young lad when JFK was shot and I didn't really know the man but I felt a sense of hopelessness for our leadership as a nation. I remember my mother crying and my father saying oh no not that goddamned Johnson  for president ( they were both democrats too ).

Quote from: English Bob, Unforgiven
If you were to try to assassinate a king, sir, the — how shall I say it? — the aura of royalty would cause you to miss. But, a president—  I mean, why not shoot a president?
There, now you have been granted Wisdom.
"The thread is topic is are ..." -steelerssb, lol "journalist"
"I'm just public housing trash." - dbldwn711 9/19/16 4:03am Confirmed Liar
Permanent Master of Handicappers
"I'm your Huckleberry"
-

Online Fish-on087

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 03:28:43 PM »

Good one. I can say that when I met the royals CHARLES and DIANA I too was in awe and yes that quote is appropriate. They were so polite and she was so genuine
Concrete shoes have no laces

Offline B_lake

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2018, 01:47:55 PM »
Was that the period where he dyed his facial hair two different colors ?

Haha...Yeah.

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 02:27:09 PM »
Police investigating white powder attack directed against Barack Obama's offices now:

http://www.syracuse.com/us-news/index.ssf/2018/02/obama_white_powder_office.html
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline B_lake

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2018, 04:00:02 PM »
It's the cocaine from Esteban Loazio.

Offline B_lake

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2018, 04:00:34 PM »
Sammy Sosa's skin is colored like cocaine.