Author Topic: You know what.....F**CK YOU!! *grumble*  (Read 140 times)

Online Mr. Shickadance

You know what.....F**CK YOU!! *grumble*
« on: February 12, 2018, 06:30:15 PM »
Sony Apologizes for ‘Peter Rabbit’ Movie’s Allergy Scene

Sam Rose has a son who loves Peter Rabbit, a character from a children’s book by Beatrix Potter, but she won’t take him to see “Peter Rabbit,” the new movie loosely based on it.

The issue? Her son has food allergies, and a scene in the film shows blackberries being used as a weapon. The backlash to the scene has already drawn an apology from the filmmakers.

“Peter Rabbit,” which came out last week, features live actors and computer-generated animals. A human character named Tom McGregor is allergic to blackberries. In a quest to gain access to his garden, rabbits pelt him with fruits and vegetables before using a slingshot to send a blackberry flying into his mouth.

It works.

Mr. McGregor struggles to inject himself with an EpiPen and then has anaphylaxis and collapses.

“I’m pretty sure Beatrix Potter will be turning in her grave about now,” Ms. Rose, who lives outside Guildford in Surrey, England, said in an interview on Facebook Messenger. “Allergies are often not taken seriously enough anyway. To have them trivialized on the big screen by such a popular character is immensely disappointing.”

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/02/12/arts/peter-rabbit-food-allergy.html?referer=http://m.facebook.com/
Religion: "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Offline Misterfamous

Re: You know what.....F**CK YOU!! *grumble*
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 06:55:54 PM »
Sign of the times.  Anything and everything  in entertainment is offensive to someone.  If it is aimed at, or involves children- doubly so.

This looks like the variety of people-looking-to-be-offended.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline BuccinGator

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 07:08:15 PM »
Maybe they are offended that a 6 dollar EpiPen costs a hundred times that.
~Imagine Whirled Peas~

When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Offline PackJason

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 07:21:04 PM »
If my son eats a peanut, he dies. 

I don't take offense to this cartoon, but I find it a bit inconsiderate.  And yeah, EpiPens ... I love paying for those fucking things.

Online Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 07:41:32 PM »
I get it, but come the fuck on. It's a throw away scene in a movie about an anthropomorphic rabbit.
Religion: "We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Resistance is futile."

Offline PackJason

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 07:49:00 PM »
I get it, but come the fuck on. It's a throw away scene in a movie about an anthropomorphic rabbit.

Like I said, I'm not offended by it, but if your kid was in my kid's boat, you'd likely find it a bit uncouth, as well. 

My wife and I had to battle with our school district just to make his classroom a "peanut-free zone" because other parents didn't want to be "inconvenienced" by not sending peanuts and peanut products to school as treats.  The ignorance when it comes to allergies, in particular peanut allergies, is disconcerting.

Online Fish-on087

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 07:49:47 PM »
I want o see the scene where the rabbits start devouring rabbit fetus's in an attempt to discourage inter species breeding. Rabbits are well known fetus carnivours
Concrete shoes have no laces

Online wild-turkey

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »

I don't take offense to this cartoon, but I find it a bit inconsiderate.  And yeah, EpiPens ... I love paying for those fucking things.
I'm on the snowflake side of this one.  Evidently some rabbit is allergic to blackberries so they start throwing them at him thinking it's funny.  Kids don't get that it's dangerous so this was out of bounds.

Online Fish-on087

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 08:06:28 PM »
I'm on the snowflake side of this one.  Evidently some rabbit is allergic to blackberries so they start throwing them at him thinking it's funny.  Kids don't get that it's dangerous so this was out of bounds.

Wow, puts "giving them the raspberry " to shame. BLM ( black berry lives matter )

Why black berries, and in black history month too, racist movie

Online Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 08:08:58 PM »
Like I said, I'm not offended by it, but if your kid was in my kid's boat, you'd likely find it a bit uncouth, as well. 

My wife and I had to battle with our school district just to make his classroom a "peanut-free zone" because other parents didn't want to be "inconvenienced" by not sending peanuts and peanut products to school as treats.  The ignorance when it comes to allergies, in particular peanut allergies, is disconcerting.

Like I said, I get it, but damn.......

Online Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 08:11:26 PM »
Evidently some rabbit is allergic to blackberries so they start throwing them at him thinking it's funny.

No. From the OP:

“Peter Rabbit,” which came out last week, features live actors and computer-generated animals. A human character named Tom McGregor is allergic to blackberries. In a quest to gain access to his garden, rabbits pelt him with fruits and vegetables before using a slingshot to send a blackberry flying into his mouth.

If you're kids don't know any better then it's your job to teach them.

Online wild-turkey

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 08:14:09 PM »

Famous last words...LOL.

Offline PackJason

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 08:17:38 PM »

Because kids are stalwarts in the consequences of food allergies? 

Most adults don't even get it ...

Online Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2018, 08:19:20 PM »
Most adults don't even get it ...

Probably because they weren't raised right.

Offline PackJason

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2018, 08:26:05 PM »
Probably because they weren't raised right.

No, that's probably not the case. It's more likely that they just don't have experience with it. 

I've been called a "complainer" by a couple other parents and I don't have any way to make them understand what the consequences are.  I tell them that my son could die ... and they think I'm just being a drama queen. 

It's a challenge that never ends. 

Cartoons like this, while seemingly innocent to most people, do not help that cause.

Offline Buns of Steel

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 08:28:23 PM »
Jimmy Carter can’t get a break
FEEL THE BURN

Online Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 08:30:46 PM »
Jimmy Carter can’t get a break

What about George Washington Carver, huh? Ignore the black man much? Racist!!

Online Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 08:33:10 PM »
No, that's probably not the case. It's more likely that they just don't have experience with it. 

I've been called a "complainer" by a couple other parents and I don't have any way to make them understand what the consequences are.  I tell them that my son could die ... and they think I'm just being a drama queen. 

It's a challenge that never ends. 

Cartoons like this, while seemingly innocent to most people, do not help that cause.

Sure, that's part of it too, but lazy parenting plays a role in that part of it as well. IF their parents don't teach them the importance of it then it doesn't reverberate with them and they're likely to act the way they do.

My daughter is 3 and she already knows about kid's allergies. We've talked about it.

Offline PackJason

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 08:35:43 PM »
Sure, that's part of it too, but lazy parenting plays a role in that part of it as well. IF their parents don't teach them the importance of it then it doesn't reverberate with them and they're likely to act the way they do.

My daughter is 3 and she already knows about kid's allergies. We've talked about it.

Unfortunately, not everyone is a very good parent. 

Waiting for some kid to give my kid a peanut on a "goof" is a very troubling thought. 

Online Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2018, 08:41:14 PM »
Waiting for some kid to give my kid a peanut on a "goof" is a very troubling thought. 

Potential for dumb shit like that is why I started early with my daughter. There's no bubble wrap in this household.

Offline PackJason

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2018, 08:44:46 PM »
Potential for dumb shit like that is why I started early with my daughter. There's no bubble wrap in this household.

I'm glad your daughter isn't allergic to peanuts.

Online Mr. Shickadance

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2018, 08:45:44 PM »
I'm glad your daughter isn't allergic to peanuts.

Me too. We've lucked out so far.

Online Fish-on087

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2018, 08:47:00 PM »

Offline NFL-Solomon

• Acting "As if"
  • Republican
  • Hall of Famer
  • View Inventory
  • Send /Gift
  • With More Brain Than You Can Possibly Imagine
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2018, 09:28:19 PM »

He must have inherited bad genes from dad.
There, now you have been granted Wisdom.
"The thread is topic is are ..." -steelerssb, lol "journalist"
"I'm just public housing trash." - dbldwn711 9/19/16 4:03am Confirmed Liar
Permanent Master of Handicappers
"I'm your Huckleberry"
-

Offline PackJason

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2018, 09:30:13 PM »
He must have inherited bad genes from dad.

Probably.