Author Topic: World Cup Russia 2018  (Read 146 times)

Offline Handi

World Cup Russia 2018
« on: February 13, 2018, 05:57:00 AM »
It's that time of sporting excellence...the most watched and most illustrious sporting event of all time and space is upon us.  This summer will highlight the worlds greatest teams, many with world class players all over the pitch.

I'm looking forward to the hooligan news, the funny news clips of seedy Russians, and the link-up play of Harry Kane and Jamie Vardy.  Kane is playing world class right now for Tottenham and England and he'll be one to watch.

I'll provide a complete list of hopefuls and players to watch.

beerme
Things Sol hates:
1. blacks
2. Jews
3. women (even chubby ones)
4. gays and lesbians
5. healthy diets
6. being wrong all the time

Offline BuccinGator

Re: World Cup Russia 2018
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2018, 08:33:48 AM »
I'm surprised Putin wanted this pageantry of gayness in his country. Can I place a prop bet on there being more flops than goals in the tournament?
~Imagine Whirled Peas~

When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Offline Handi

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2018, 09:24:11 AM »
I'm surprised Putin wanted this pageantry of gayness in his country. Can I place a prop bet on there being more flops than goals in the tournament?

Flops get red cards now.  AND, those red cards can be given retroactively.  Time to get new material.

Putin is all for sporting events in his country.  No doubt the Russians are taking some sort of illegal substance to gain an edge, but teams like France, Belgium and Spain will stomp the shit out of them.
Things Sol hates:
1. blacks
2. Jews
4. gays and lesbians
5. healthy diets

Offline Fish-on087

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2018, 10:55:33 AM »
I am still in denial that ITALY did not make it. I cannot remember when the last time they were out, I don't think I was born. I wonder what the tv ratings in America will produce. Russia has no chance, you know it too. I'm hoping repeat but Argentina looks strong. Oh I'll be watching, I wouldn't miss this.

England has always had internal problems, that's a big problem for them advancing. From Rooney to Owen to Lineker
Concrete shoes have no laces

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2018, 02:10:08 PM »
And Handi's gonna watch, even though there's no U.S. team.

I guess this will be one year where "soccer fever" doesn't grip the country and all the weirdos who watch UK Premier League instead of NFL don't insist that it's the fastest-growing sport, etc.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Fish-on087

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2018, 03:03:39 PM »
I too will watch. I will be enthused at witnessing the pageantry and the splendor of  exciting matches.

I still argue that Italy should be there, no question about it.

Offline Fish-on087

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2018, 08:21:02 PM »
With no Neymar Brazils chances just went woooooooosh down the terlit.

What ya got Handi?. Think Brazil can make it or even have a little trouble in their group?. South American teams just got a boost

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2018, 08:52:01 PM »
Maybe no English team, either.  Too many Russian spy killings in the UK.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Handi

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2018, 08:55:48 PM »
With no Neymar Brazils chances just went woooooooosh down the terlit.

What ya got Handi?. Think Brazil can make it or even have a little trouble in their group?. South American teams just got a boost

I think Brazil gets out of their group, probably with Serbia.
All the main players should advance.

Spain, Belgium, England, Germany....those are some pretty solid teams.  Argentina and France are my favorites
Things Sol hates:
1. blacks
2. Jews
4. gays and lesbians
5. healthy diets

Offline Fish-on087

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2018, 09:08:56 PM »
The official word was he would be out close to 3 months. That could be trouble. I agree Argentina is a strong favorite. It's hard to predict and I'll wait till about beginning of May. My Germans are suffering a bit with Neuer and his foot. experience in goal is well behind Neuer. As a matter of fact, only their midfielders show impressive experience.

I like France also, who really doesn't right . With Champions league and the CUP going on it will be a great spring and summer.

Offline BuccinGator

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2018, 10:10:35 PM »
All that matters is the US choked to Trinidad and Tobago.
~Imagine Whirled Peas~

When your only tool is a hammer, every problem looks like a nail.

Online Misterfamous

« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2018, 11:40:12 PM »
Isn't the entire population of Trinidad and Tobago less than half of Baltimore ? 
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline dbldwn711

« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2018, 12:45:33 AM »

What did you expect??? It was two against one!!!
With the exception of CHASERS Friday exit poll, and maybe an exception once in a while, I'm done with AFR - NFL-Solomon (liar)

Offline Handi

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2018, 07:39:41 AM »
It's well known in the soccer world that US was somewhat pushed into not qualifying due to the recent Russia problems.  Russia would have made it difficult for Americans to travel and they couldn't/wouldn't promise safety for Americans.  Trump vs Putin...Putin wins this round.
Things Sol hates:
1. blacks
2. Jews
4. gays and lesbians
5. healthy diets

Offline Fish-on087

« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2018, 08:00:28 AM »
It's well known in the soccer world that US was somewhat pushed into not qualifying due to the recent Russia problems.  Russia would have made it difficult for Americans to travel and they couldn't/wouldn't promise safety for Americans.  Trump vs Putin...Putin wins this round.

You might have something there Is the USA still in the hunt for 2026?, round 2

Funny thing though, how can anyone consider the usa and Italy as not one of the top 32 teams in the world.