Author Topic: GoFundMe Border Wall  (Read 1923 times)

Offline Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Coach
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
Re: GoFundMe Border Wall
« Reply #375 on: January 12, 2019, 05:39:34 PM »
One would have thought, since you like CNN, you would have watched the video I posted. The guy they are interviewing talks about how China brings drugs into Mexico so they can bring them across our border with Mexico.  He's the expert not me but I can't help think of how much he's talking out of both sides of his mouth.  Just 12 seconds into the video the guy talks about how a small percentage of drugs come through ports of entry.  Then at the 1:50 mark he's next to the border wall and says that a vast majority of drugs don't come through areas that have a fence and goes on to say that vast amounts of drugs come through ports of entry.  He says one thing and the direct opposite a couple minutes later in the video.  Which do you believe?  Do a small amount of drugs come through a port of entry like he says 12 seconds into the video or is it vast amounts of drugs comes through ports of entry like he claims 1:55 into the video?

So you be the judge.  If the wall wasn't there would they go through ports of entry or even make a tunnel?

I don't watch CNN.

Less that 10% of all illegal drugs comes into America over the Mexican border.

There is already a system of tunnels under the sections of the border that has a wall/fence.

You're a moron.

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #376 on: January 12, 2019, 05:40:13 PM »
Do you have an issue with me pointing out you represented what was said 12 seconds into the video in two different ways, Fog?

No because the guy says one thing and then the opposite 2 minutes later, he's a hypocrite.

Just face it a border wall works to divert these folks to ports of entry where we have a chance to bust them.

Without the border wall we wouldn't bust anyone at these port of entries what so ever.

One would have to be a dumbass to use a port of entry if there wasn't a wall.
Leftists are Lazy

And so when a liberal asks you, 'Why are you a conservative?" simply say, "So that you can be a liberal." Greg Gutfeld

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #377 on: January 12, 2019, 05:44:14 PM »
I don't watch CNN.

Wow that's amazing

Less that 10% of all illegal drugs comes into America over the Mexican border.

Link

There is already a system of tunnels under the sections of the border that has a wall/fence.

They have these tunnels for less than 10% of illegal drugs?...Yeah Right.....Fake News

You're a moron.

Thank You
Leftists are Lazy

And so when a liberal asks you, 'Why are you a conservative?" simply say, "So that you can be a liberal." Greg Gutfeld

Offline Mannyrules3

• CBS Admin6
  • Coach
  • Who's Your Skydaddy?
« Reply #378 on: January 12, 2019, 05:47:14 PM »
Wow that's amazing

Link

They have these tunnels for less than 10% of illegal drugs?...Yeah Right.....Fake News

Thank You

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azcentral.com/amp/2517586002

Derp

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #379 on: January 12, 2019, 05:56:56 PM »
 barf
https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.azcentral.com/amp/2517586002

Derp

I'm not disputing that most drugs come through port of entries.

Tell us why they come through ports of entries, Manny?
Leftists are Lazy

Online Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • PIV is always rape, ok?!
« Reply #380 on: January 12, 2019, 06:09:19 PM »
The US government doesn't own this country.
The government IS the people.  Everyone forgets that occasionally (even the government).
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #381 on: January 12, 2019, 06:17:10 PM »
Leftists are Lazy

Offline Cali Cat

• Once she sinks her claws in...it's OVER
  • Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #382 on: January 12, 2019, 06:26:39 PM »
No because the guy says one thing and then the opposite 2 minutes later, he's a hypocrite.

So, what were this:

Here we go....

facepalm

and this:

I already quoted the guy correctly....

Jesus

facepalm

You just felt like whining?

I suppose you're using your alternative dictionary in your use of "opposite" and "hypocrite, but you seem to be more confused than even usual today, so that kinda makes sense.

As for the rest of your post ...

Just face it a border wall works to divert these folks to ports of entry where we have a chance to bust them.

Without the border wall we wouldn't bust anyone at these port of entries what so ever.

LOL
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Heinlein (thanks, kburjr!)

"... I'm dangerous, I'm unhinged, I'm mentally ill ..."  -F  og

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #383 on: January 12, 2019, 06:31:52 PM »
So, what were this:

and this:

You just felt like whining?

I suppose you're using your alternative dictionary in your use of "opposite" and "hypocrite, but you seem to be more confused than even usual today, so that kinda makes sense.

As for the rest of your post ...

LOL

Whining...LOL

The ones whining are those that think a wall doesn't work.

According to Manny less than 10% of illegal drugs that are smuggled into the USA come across the border with Mexico.  Is this true and if so why is it true?
Leftists are Lazy

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #384 on: January 12, 2019, 06:43:50 PM »
Whining...LOL

The ones whining are those that think a wall doesn't work.

According to Manny less than 10% of illegal drugs that are smuggled into the USA come across the border with Mexico.  Is this true and if so why is it true?

You poor thing.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

"The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." -Orwell

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea." -Heinlein (thanks, kburjr!)

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #385 on: January 12, 2019, 06:48:54 PM »
You poor thing.

LOL....

You're running out of facts that support a fence doesn't work aren't you?
Leftists are Lazy

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #386 on: January 12, 2019, 07:00:12 PM »
LOL....

You're running out of facts that support a fence doesn't work aren't you?

LOL....
Is that what's happening?

I thought I was suggesting you inform yourself, pointing out you couldn't seem to make up your mind about what the guy in the video you posted said 12 seconds into the video, and laughing at you not having a problem with me pointing that out, and laughing at you not whining about me pointing it out, then, finally, feeling sorry for you ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #387 on: January 12, 2019, 07:08:27 PM »
LOL....
Is that what's happening?

I thought I was suggesting you inform yourself, pointing out you couldn't seem to make up your mind about what the guy in the video you posted said 12 seconds into the video, and laughing at you not having a problem with me pointing that out, and laughing at you not whining about me pointing it out, then, finally, feeling sorry for you ...

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

LOL....I feel sorry for you.  Having to take a post, where I didn't quite quote the guy right, and using it to point out I was saying one thing and the guy on the video says another.

oh well that's just your style.

facepalm
Leftists are Lazy

Offline Cali Cat

• Cold-Hearted Woman
  • Hall of Famer
  • cold-hearted woman
« Reply #388 on: January 12, 2019, 07:31:35 PM »
LOL....I feel sorry for you.  Having to take a post, where I didn't quite quote the guy right, and using it to point out I was saying one thing and the guy on the video says another.

oh well that's just your style.

facepalm

I'm not even going to laugh at you anymore today.
You really do seem even more confused than usual, at least if basic reading comprehension completely alluding you is any indication.

Sorry.
  memphis1 sf3 kentucky1

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #389 on: January 12, 2019, 07:43:53 PM »
I'm not even going to laugh at you anymore today.
You really do seem even more confused than usual, at least if basic reading comprehension completely alluding you is any indication.

Sorry.

Oh goody....

Leftists are Lazy

Offline NFL-Solomon

• Acting "As if"
  • Republican
  • Hall of Famer
  • With More Brain Than You Can Possibly Imagine
« Reply #390 on: January 12, 2019, 10:00:27 PM »
My doctor gives me drugs all the time.
He needs to start giving you some to treat your rampant senility.
There, now you have been granted Wisdom.
"The thread is topic is are ..." -steelerssb,"journalist"
"I'm just public housing trash." - dbldwn711 9/19/16 4:03am Confirmed Liar
Permanent Master of Handicappers
"I'm your Huckleberry"
-
"Everything I say is a lie"-dbldwn711

Offline NFL-Solomon

• Acting "As if"
  • Republican
  • Hall of Famer
  • With More Brain Than You Can Possibly Imagine
« Reply #391 on: January 14, 2019, 02:46:28 AM »
Packjason:
There, now you have been granted Wisdom.
"The thread is topic is are ..." -steelerssb,"journalist"
"I'm just public housing trash." - dbldwn711 9/19/16 4:03am Confirmed Liar
Permanent Master of Handicappers
"I'm your Huckleberry"
-
"Everything I say is a lie"-dbldwn711

Offline Tom Ace

• Star
  • Icon
  • This is my personal text.
« Reply #392 on: January 14, 2019, 08:11:22 AM »
Isn't the idea of a great wall to keep those that want to cross illegally from doing so?

Do we want those who want to cross illegally in our country ?

How many of those that seek to cross illegally are escaping Mexico because they are fleeing from getting convicted of a crime in Mexico?

Yes.  The problem being the wall Trump wants isn't going to be effective for that goal.

Sometimes yes, sometimes no.

Not many.

Offline Tom Ace

• Star
  • Icon
« Reply #393 on: January 14, 2019, 08:17:27 AM »

You seem to be unclear on what the argument is.  I don't know of anyone who says no wall or fence on the border is necessary or advantageous.  No one is advocating tearing down the existing walls/fences.  The question is whether to build one big wall all the way across.  You're pointing out that most of this stuff comes through legal ports of entry.  That's current, with the existing walls/fences.  So, why do we need the wall across the entire border?  What we have in place is already doing the job.

Online Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #394 on: January 14, 2019, 09:40:28 AM »
You seem to be unclear on what the argument is.  I don't know of anyone who says no wall or fence on the border is necessary or advantageous.  No one is advocating tearing down the existing walls/fences.  The question is whether to build one big wall all the way across.

That is not quite true though.  Even the full amount Trump is demanding, if fully applied solely to wall construction, wouldn’t be enough to build such a wall.  Rather, it would be to fix, upgrade and replace large sections of current fencing- which do somewhat work, mostly near populated areas adjacent to border checkpoints.
You're pointing out that most of this stuff comes through legal ports of entry.  That's current, with the existing walls/fences.  So, why do we need the wall across the entire border?  What we have in place is already doing the job.
That assumes the status quo is acceptable.  Even a large number of Democrats acknowledge that too many drugs, criminals and illegal immigrants are getting through a porous border.  They simply balk at the methods suggest to ensure border security.  One of Trump’s big campaign promises / slogans was to “build the wall” (and have Mexico pay for it), so a lot of what we’re witnessing is a political fight of him trying to make good on that promise, while Democrats try to shoot it down. 

Democrats do have something to answer for.  They did overwhelmingly approve a substantial security fencing bill in 2006.  They have repeatedly resisted calls for more CBP agents to patrol the border and assist at overtaxed checkpoints.  Obama grudgingly signers $600 million bill in 2010 for 1250 more CBP and ICE agents, as well as new equipment and security measures.  If they want to maintain the moral high ground on the border, then they must eventually suggest an alternative plan, not merely remain obstructionist.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Tom Ace

• Star
  • Icon
« Reply #395 on: January 14, 2019, 09:57:13 AM »

That is not quite true though.  Even the full amount Trump is demanding, if fully applied solely to wall construction, wouldn’t be enough to build such a wall.  Rather, it would be to fix, upgrade and replace large sections of current fencing- which do somewhat work, mostly near populated areas adjacent to border checkpoints.

Yes, the $5 billion wouldn't cover the whole wall, but the point is still to build the whole wall.  He's not asking for it just to fix up some of what they have.

That assumes the status quo is acceptable.  Even a large number of Democrats acknowledge that too many drugs, criminals and illegal immigrants are getting through a porous border.  They simply balk at the methods suggest to ensure border security.  One of Trump’s big campaign promises / slogans was to “build the wall” (and have Mexico pay for it), so a lot of what we’re witnessing is a political fight of him trying to make good on that promise, while Democrats try to shoot it down. 

Democrats do have something to answer for.  They did overwhelmingly approve a substantial security fencing bill in 2006.  They have repeatedly resisted calls for more CBP agents to patrol the border and assist at overtaxed checkpoints.  Obama grudgingly signers $600 million bill in 2010 for 1250 more CBP and ICE agents, as well as new equipment and security measures.  If they want to maintain the moral high ground on the border, then they must eventually suggest an alternative plan, not merely remain obstructionist.

No, it doesn't assume the status quo.  The point remains, currently the walls/fences we have in place do well regarding drugs and illegal immigration.  Adding another over 1,000 miles of wall isn't going to help.  As has been said, most illegal immigrants come in on visas and then just don't leave.  Most drugs come in through legal points of entry.  You can talk about changing the status quo without considering ridiculous ideas like Trump's wall.

Offline PackJason

• Tallywacker
  • Coach
  • If I can't beat off to it, what good is it?
« Reply #396 on: January 14, 2019, 10:27:56 AM »
Trump still has over a billion dollars that congress gave him for border security from last year.

If there is such a crisis at the border, why hasn't that money been spent? 

Online Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #397 on: January 14, 2019, 10:59:13 AM »
Yes, the $5 billion wouldn't cover the whole wall, but the point is still to build the whole wall.  He's not asking for it just to fix up some of what they have.
It's not like DHS would start at one end and build until there was no more money or concrete.  It's already been stated (not at the beginning) that they would upgrade existing barriers, mostly around populated areas, leaving the vehicle bollards and natural features in other places.

And Trump has never stated how exactly the money would be spent.  Republicans in the House and Senate have stated it would be a comprehensive package, including hiring more agents, bolstering checkpoint security and yes- a new barrier system.  Democrats have first stated that no additional border security measures would be funded, then that they would consider a $1.6 billion package, so long as nothing was allocated towards a wall/barrier, and finally back to nothing.

No, it doesn't assume the status quo.  The point remains, currently the walls/fences we have in place do well regarding drugs and illegal immigration.  Adding another over 1,000 miles of wall isn't going to help.  As has been said, most illegal immigrants come in on visas and then just don't leave.  Most drugs come in through legal points of entry.  You can talk about changing the status quo without considering ridiculous ideas like Trump's wall.
The current fencing is inefficient and crumbling.  It's a deterrent, to be sure, but it can be breached with some small effort.  This was never solely about drugs.  People are who come in over and through the fences.

And the amount of visa overstays is about half.  No one knows for sure because the statistics are outdated (45% using 1996 data), and not everyone who comes in over the border is counted, only those that are caught.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Online Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #398 on: January 14, 2019, 11:06:24 AM »
Trump still has over a billion dollars that congress gave him for border security from last year.

If there is such a crisis at the border, why hasn't that money been spent? 
I think that was for maintaining / repairing existing walls only, and a few other things.  Reprogramming funds towards some other mission requires a huge amount of oversight and briefing, perhaps even by Congress.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Tom Ace

• Star
  • Icon
« Reply #399 on: January 14, 2019, 11:45:24 AM »
It's not like DHS would start at one end and build until there was no more money or concrete.  It's already been stated (not at the beginning) that they would upgrade existing barriers, mostly around populated areas, leaving the vehicle bollards and natural features in other places.

And Trump has never stated how exactly the money would be spent.  Republicans in the House and Senate have stated it would be a comprehensive package, including hiring more agents, bolstering checkpoint security and yes- a new barrier system.  Democrats have first stated that no additional border security measures would be funded, then that they would consider a $1.6 billion package, so long as nothing was allocated towards a wall/barrier, and finally back to nothing.
The current fencing is inefficient and crumbling.  It's a deterrent, to be sure, but it can be breached with some small effort.  This was never solely about drugs.  People are who come in over and through the fences.

And the amount of visa overstays is about half.  No one knows for sure because the statistics are outdated (45% using 1996 data), and not everyone who comes in over the border is counted, only those that are caught.

Yup, so no reason to be spending $5 billion or $25 billion on a wall across the whole border.