Author Topic: "Seattle is Dying."  (Read 411 times)

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
"Seattle is Dying."
« on: March 16, 2019, 11:08:50 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/KOMONews/videos/2613750875307498/

Eric Johnson explores the impact the drug and homelessness problem is having on our city and possible solutions to the issue in our special, "Seattle is Dying."

« Last Edit: March 17, 2019, 02:03:30 AM by Fog »
Leftists are Lazy

And so when a liberal asks you, 'Why are you a conservative?" simply say, "So that you can be a liberal." Greg Gutfeld

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
Re: "Seattle is Dying."
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2019, 01:18:27 AM »
I watched it twice just because it was so good.

They talk about trying to get the Seattle Police to talk but the police are afraid to talk. Go to minute 12:00

They did a study to see who are doing all the crimes and found the same 100 people committed 3500 crimes over the past year.

They Talk to the mayor at the 8:30 minute and she says there is no way the crimes are related to the homeless.

At the 3:45 minute there is a council meeting at 4:14 a city council person talks and listen to what the lady says to him afterwards...holy shit she goes off.
Leftists are Lazy

And so when a liberal asks you, 'Why are you a conservative?" simply say, "So that you can be a liberal." Greg Gutfeld

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2019, 01:22:45 AM »
At the 43:45 mark they talk about a solution and go on how to use an old prison to house these drug addicts and get them fixed before letting them go.
Leftists are Lazy

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2019, 01:33:22 AM »
If you had a billion dollars to spend each year how would you spend it on solving a homeless problem?

What Seattle does in most cases is spend that money on shelters, feeding them, clothing them and cleaning up after them.  However this doesn't solve the problem it just the homeless more reason to be homeless.

I didn't know that we had a prison that was vacant and like the idea that was presented in documentary.

Spend the billion dollars on fixing these people and house them at this place until they get better.  If they can't get better then keep them there to keep them off the streets.
Leftists are Lazy

Online Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
  • PIV is always rape, ok?!
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2019, 02:15:01 AM »
Homelessness isn't some sort of disease that can be solved with a conventional cure.  What Seattle seems to have done is throw a ton of money at the problem, building shelters and providing services for people who live in tent cities.  (Well two-fold, they impose a crapload of taxes, but don't have a 1:1 ratio of directing those funds towards combating the homeless problem.)  It's completely ineffective and has instead entrenched the problem.

The issue is multi-faceted, and includes substance abuse, crime, lack of affordable housing, mental illness and unemployment.  It's important to note that these are not necessarily overlapping features.  Seattle's approach to date has been to provide shelters, food services and allow unhindered access of homeless camps in public spaces.  The idea that people who don't have access to a safe place to live and food will automatically heal and become more productive members of society, once they have those things, is misguided.  Unfortunately, some homeless are more worthy of such temporary treatment than others; there's a massive class of homeless who readily accept aid with no intention of altering their behavior, whether it be to get a job, stop snorting paint, cutting down on robbing and raping their fellow homeless or shitting in a toilet for a change.  By seeking zero return on investment, Seattle's government, dating back to Ed "Kid-toucher" Murray, encourages more people to accept homelessness and for other cities to bus them there.

The area under I-5 is downright scary.  I go to Seattle a couple times a year, and every time, the number of tents and makeshift shacks seems to be increasing.  I don't remember which onramp it is (from Rainier or near I-90 ?), but you get a great view of the squalor.  It could be worse, I guess- the homeless in L.A. have typhus and Hep A apparently.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2019, 02:48:26 AM »
Homelessness isn't some sort of disease that can be solved with a conventional cure.

What causes them to be homeless is drug addiction with a combination of mental health. 

What Seattle seems to have done is throw a ton of money at the problem, building shelters and providing services for people who live in tent cities.

We have a couple of "Tent Cites" that house job holding folks that don't do drugs or booze and they are not the problem. 

The issue is multi-faceted, and includes substance abuse, crime, lack of affordable housing, mental illness and unemployment.

You can throw out affordable housing because there is enough housing but most choose not to partake because they don't allow drugs and booze.

It's important to note that these are not necessarily overlapping features.

Addiction is the main part of most of the homeless that sleep on sidewalks or in tents under the highway overpasses.  So those overlap.  The study they looked at said that almost 50% of those addicted and homeless had mental health evaluations and or prior mental heath problems. 

Seattle's approach to date has been to provide shelters, food services and allow unhindered access of homeless camps in public spaces.

The Seattle Council wants you to see that and uses it as a way to say that the homeless are a by product of lack of affordable housing.  That way it gives them the upper hand on taxing Amazon more because Amazon created this problem. 

The idea that people who don't have access to a safe place to live and food will automatically heal and become more productive members of society, once they have those things, is misguided.  Unfortunately, some homeless are more worthy of such temporary treatment than others; there's a massive class of homeless who readily accept aid with no intention of altering their behavior, whether it be to get a job, stop snorting paint, cutting down on robbing and raping their fellow homeless or shitting in a toilet for a change.  By seeking zero return on investment, Seattle's government, dating back to Ed "Kid-toucher" Murray, encourages more people to accept homelessness and for other cities to bus them there.

However you want to sum it up, Seattle wants it's drug addicted homeless people problem to stay so they have a reason to tax us more.  As long as Seattle is concerned the more junkies the better.  It's good for business.

The area under I-5 is downright scary.  I go to Seattle a couple times a year, and every time, the number of tents and makeshift shacks seems to be increasing.  I don't remember which onramp it is (from Rainier or near I-90 ?), but you get a great view of the squalor.  It could be worse, I guess- the homeless in L.A. have typhus and Hep A apparently.

It's sick what you see along I-5 now.  When you go watch a sports venue you'll see all this crap along the side walks too.  It started out right there at I-90/Rainier and underneath I-5 just south of there.  The whole segment of I-5 south of I-90 is elevated until just south of the old Rainier Brewery and houses tents you can't see while driving on I-5.  Now it's spread up north and into the Northgate area which would be about 75th Street N. along I-5
Leftists are Lazy

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2019, 03:07:26 AM »
When we look the other way is heartless...

When we use the addicted as a pawn to tax more is just down right cruel...

If the role of the government is to keep us safe...I don't have a problem us spending money to get these folks off the streets to keep us safe.  However from my view point my tax money goes towards keeping these folks drug addicts and nothing more and that's sad.
Leftists are Lazy

Online Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2019, 11:08:18 AM »
What causes them to be homeless is drug addiction with a combination of mental health. 

We have a couple of "Tent Cites" that house job holding folks that don't do drugs or booze and they are not the problem. 
Just because they’re not harassing people for loose change or using nearby businesses for water / bathroom access doesn’t mean that’s not a problem.  That group pays no rent, and effectively is being subsidized by taxpayers in the city and state to seize control of public land.

You can throw out affordable housing because there is enough housing but most choose not to partake because they don't allow drugs and booze.
In that sense, I meant what caused some of them to become homeless in the first place.  The cure isn’t as simple as a project or an abandoned prison, yeah.
Addiction is the main part of most of the homeless that sleep on sidewalks or in tents under the highway overpasses.  So those overlap.  The study they looked at said that almost 50% of those addicted and homeless had mental health evaluations and or prior mental heath problems. 
That’s the problem here.  Massive drug addiction.  The city and provincial government tries to contain the drug problem by giving out free drugs & paraphernalia, hoping to stem the disease and crime aspects.  They’ve been mostly successful, but still that population continues to grow.
The Seattle Council wants you to see that and uses it as a way to say that the homeless are a by product of lack of affordable housing.  That way it gives them the upper hand on taxing Amazon more because Amazon created this problem. 
“If Your Only Tool Is a Hammer Then Every Problem Looks Like a Nail.”  All Seattle knows how to do is tax.  Solutions like rent control, job training and more effective policing, are all alien ideas to them.

However you want to sum it up, Seattle wants it's drug addicted homeless people problem to stay so they have a reason to tax us more.  As long as Seattle is concerned the more junkies the better.  It's good for business.
So it would seem.
It's sick what you see along I-5 now.  When you go watch a sports venue you'll see all this crap along the side walks too.  It started out right there at I-90/Rainier and underneath I-5 just south of there.  The whole segment of I-5 south of I-90 is elevated until just south of the old Rainier Brewery and houses tents you can't see while driving on I-5.  Now it's spread up north and into the Northgate area which would be about 75th Street N. along I-5
No, one of the onramps.  It always takes me by surprise to see that it’s still so large or growing.  It’s like an Occupy site, only dirtier and more depressing (yet still less stupid).
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Online Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2019, 11:26:45 AM »
When we look the other way is heartless...

When we use the addicted as a pawn to tax more is just down right cruel...

If the role of the government is to keep us safe...I don't have a problem us spending money to get these folks off the streets to keep us safe.
Yeah, but we've arrived at a point where a large enough portion of the populace doesn't believe that the government's role is to keep us safe.  They believe the role of the government is to redistribute wealth and improve everyone's life.  The issue isn't whether or not that view is kind-hearted, it's whether anything is being done to address the underlying problem.  Seattle's approach isn't merely expensive, it's bone-headed and has actually encouraged the problem to grow. 
However from my view point my tax money goes towards keeping these folks drug addicts and nothing more and that's sad.
From the city government's viewpoint, it's not your money.  You owe it to them.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2019, 12:00:47 PM »
Seattle  -   Calcutta ain't got nothing on us, except the ghost of Mother Teresa
The less politicians control, the less it matters who controls the politicians.

“Getting old is giving up one damn thing after another.” - Irvin Yalom

“Keep a goverment poor and weak and it's your servant; when it is rich and powerful it becomes your master.”
―H. Beam Piper

“Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign.”
― John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

Online Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2019, 12:02:42 PM »
There are so many factors involved with homeless and drug addicts that isolating a particular problem may just expand or open up to a wider degree one of the remaining factors. Egg shells. Maybe we should start thinking of assessing who or how many homeless want to work and get involved with society again. The problem may be low self-esteem with some or hopelessness. Building their character back up may alleviate some of the dependency on govt handouts.

I don't know which is a bigger problem, homeless or drugs but they seem to be connected more often than not. It seems to me that getting people off drugs won't guarantee a work ethic or induce a sense of pride but education and job training may result in addicts coming clean and becoming useful. Id like to think that the homeless are more self-inflicted than 3rd party involvement. Self-inflicted they can get one on one help but a 3rd party ( job loss, relocation etc ) is a bigger problem to deal with.

It's very easy to become homeless but your education or desire to perform should not dissipate because of it. Drugs, on the other hand, offer no hope or recourse. We need to separate those who are homeless due to drugs and those due to misfortune to even start progressive restructure
Concrete shoes have no laces

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2019, 12:18:26 PM »
This whole documentary is about the ADDICTS that litter our streets and are in return called homeless for PC reasons.

The city uses them to gain tax revenue and doesn't want to solve their ADDICTIONS.

There are various reason one ends up homeless but this just focus' on those with ADDICTIONS.

The people of Seattle are sick and tired of their elected officials not doing a damn thing except pretend they are trying to solve the issue.

The City calls the issue a "HOMELESS" issue when the real issue is "ADDITION" plain and simple.
Leftists are Lazy

Online Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2019, 03:27:50 PM »
I'll solve it, how many people can fit on a bus?and how far is it to the border?

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2019, 03:29:46 PM »
I'll solve it, how many people can fit on a bus?and how far is it to the border?

Which one?

“Keep a goverment poor and weak and it's your servant; when it is rich and powerful it becomes your master.”
―H. Beam Piper

Online Misterfamous

• Superstar
  • Admin
  • Hall of Famer
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2019, 04:08:52 PM »
Which one?
It’s closer to this one.  There’s enough drug addicts in BC already though.  Maybe we can do a 3-way trade with Mexico and get some decent Mexican food up here.
wsh2 wsh3 gb1

Offline NuminousGuy

• Star
  • look at it from the existentialist’s viewpoint
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2019, 01:03:49 PM »
You ain't seen nothing yet.

Amerika's oligarchs haven't created wealth: they've harvested Amerika's wealth for themselves.

The wannabees (chamber-o-commerce) futilely follow suit.

The losers vote for monsters like AssClown to "save" them from the current Amerikan system, which is burying them alive.
helping to protect America from Deplorables since 2015

Online Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2019, 04:29:17 PM »

Amerika's oligarchs haven't created wealth: they've harvested Amerika's wealth for themselves.

The losers vote for monsters like AssClown to "save" them from the current Amerikan system, which is burying them alive.

Wrong again, the winners voted for Trump while the dysfunctional people voted Hillary.

Offline NuminousGuy

• Star
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2019, 04:38:57 PM »
Wrong again, the winners voted for Trump while the dysfunctional people voted Hillary.

Amerika is the loser . You Deplorables are primarily defined by your idiocy.

Online Fish-on087

• Icon
  • hook, line and sinker
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2019, 05:26:38 PM »
Amerika is the loser . You Deplorables are primarily defined by your idiocy.

I would'nt be calling anyone who voted for Hillary a genius or winner either. seems she rounded up the stupidest of Americans or the most gulible because THEY BACKED A LOSER!!!, LOOOOOOOOssssssserrrrrrrrrrr

MAGA!!

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2019, 08:15:16 PM »

It's clowns like you that think a form of compassion is giving out drugs to addicts.
Leftists are Lazy

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2019, 08:19:04 PM »

It's clowns like you that think a form of compassion is giving out drugs to addicts.

Someone ought to start a business that only hires addicts.  The raises are based on the # of clean days accomplished in a set amount of time.

―H. Beam Piper

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2019, 08:19:42 PM »
Someone ought to start a business that only hires addicts.  The raises are based on the # of clean days accomplished in a set amount of time.

Check out MOD Pizza
Leftists are Lazy

Offline NuminousGuy

• Star
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2019, 08:21:34 PM »

I would'nt be calling anyone who voted for Hillary a genius or winner either. seems she rounded up the stupidest of Americans or the most gulible because THEY BACKED A LOSER!!!, LOOOOOOOOssssssserrrrrrrrrrr

MAGA!!

Clinton is who the plurality of Americans voted for.

If you want to see a roundup of losers, check  out AssClown's cabinet.

Online kburjr

• THE SCYTHE
  • Hall of Famer
  • I don't care.
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2019, 08:22:32 PM »
Check out MOD Pizza

What is their recidivism rate?

―H. Beam Piper

Offline Fog

• Crooked Hillary
  • Administrator
  • Hall of Famer
  • TrumpSupporter
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2019, 08:25:50 PM »
What is their recidivism rate?

Not enough if we still have addicts on the streets of Seattle.
Leftists are Lazy